Chapter 30 - finally

❤️‍🔥Santiago POV❤️‍🔥

"Please have a seat." I said to Annie after I summoned her to my office.

After I looked into her background and finding out that she's an orphaned and nowhere place to go I decided to let her stay at the Moretti Mansion and be her legal guardian for the meantime.

My brothers were skeptical at first, especially Marco who reminds me about what happened to Antonia. But I depend her, explaining that without her help we won't be able to save Isabel in time, or maybe never.

Aside from that, Antonia bragged me that they were friends and she's very comfortable with her, so for me it's a sign that she's a good person and could see it through her eyes.

Now that she's sitting in front of me, I've noticed how nervous she was, her legs are trembling and her face look so scared. Which is normal occurence since she's summoned by me, Santiago Moretti, but from now on that needs to change.

"Annie, look at me." I said in calm tone, just not to make her more flustered.

"There's no point getting agitated, you're not in trouble and I called you because I need to tell you something." I added, soon her face tilted so that she could face me.

"You don't have to be afraid of me Annie." I told her and thanks for having Antonia in my life, I've learned to know how to be so patient and calmed better than before.

"Okay Sir." She replied, which is good because I want her to answer me verbally.

"You can call me Santiago from now on, since I will be your legal guardian as you're still a minor. So what can you say about it?" Her eyes widened.

"You? My legal guardian? But.. you don't have to do that." She stuttered, and proof that she's stunned because it took time for her to say 'thank you' eventually.

"So from now on, I will set some rules for you." Once she heard the word rules, her face turned back again from being uncomfortable.

"First, no disrespectful to me and to my brothers. Whatever we say, you will follow without ask. Second, you're not allowed to go at the third floor. Third, no boys, since you will start going to school, you're not allowed to have boyfriend. Fourth, no drugs and party, and that's for now. Also you're not force to do anything here, since Alicia will start working on our Business, I might hire a new chef, but if you like to help you're welcome because Antonia loves your cook, but your studies should be your priorities."

She nods her head after she heard all my rules.

"Annie, the Moretti Brothers liked to hear answer with sounds, so from now on you will start answering verbally, understood?"

"Y-Yes.. Santiago, uh.. may I say something?" I told her to go on.

"When will I start to go to school? And can I still work here as cook so that I could earn some money?" She asked with bit of nervousness.

"You will start by next week, you will go at the same school where the twins and Dario were going, but you will be senior high. And in regards with money, you will receive a monthly allowance, so you don't have to worry about it." I told her and happy that I everything was running smoothly.

"But... I can't Santiago, that would be too much."

"Don't. I owe you Annie. For what you did to Isabel. So let me return the favor, okay? But if you really like to help here, you can cook for my Antonia and be with her when nobody can. So Annie, can I entrusted my daughter's life with you?" I asked her while looking directly at her eyes. She locked her eyes in mine as she answered 'yes'