Chapter 4: Silena

Börja om från början

Zoe shook her head. "You think you're doomed?"

"Uh, guys?" Marie said. "We should keep going." She pointed ahead. Silena squinted and noticed torches entering the forest. She realized that soon the campers would reach them.

"Agreed," Silena said. Laura released Zoe. She turned to the rest of them. "Well. Be prepared to answer a lot of questions!"

Silena thought she was prepared.

She wasn't.

As soon as they reached the end of the woods, a young camper about five years old, in pigtails screamed "I found them! Do I win?"

Silena heard the sound of hooves. Chiron. Oh great.

Sure enough, the director of the camp was in front of them. Chiron's beard was greyer than Silena remembered, his eyes full of worry. He relaxed immensely when he saw them.

"Great job, Macy. And yes, you won,"

The little girl, Macy, squealed with delight and ran off, waving her small arms in the air.

Silena spotted Zoe turning pink, and straightening her hair, and dusting off her very dirty shirt. Of course. This was Zoe's first time at camp. Silena remembered her's very well.

The centaur faced them again. "Well---thank the gods you're alright," Chiron said, meeting each of their eyes one by one. "Thank you very much, Laura. You've done a great job. But please don't mention that to Macy,"

Laura nodded vigorously. She obviously had been hoping to please Chiron.

Chiron turned to Zoe. 'Your parents are quite over their head right now. You might want to explain,"

Zoe took a deep breath, turning redder by the minute, and explained what had happened. Marie helped, until they got to the hydra. Silena took it from there.

She also added how Tristan pretended to run in the woods, and made Silena and Rose follow, and how they got lost, then separated. Then Rose described how bravely she stood against the hydra, how strong she was, and how she miraculously defeated it in the end.

Chiron listened intently, the worry not quite leaving his eyes. When they were done, he stroked his beard. "Well--I'm sure your parents would want to hear this," He definitely sounded troubled.

Chiron led them back to camp. Once again, nobody said anything. And from there, all Silena could think was poor Zoe.

They reached the campfires, which were empty except a few demigods, children of Athena probably, looking at maps.

Then--

"ZOE THALIA JACKSON!"

Silena did a double take when she heard the voice. Zoe winced. Silena gave her a sympathetic look.

"Mom--"

"Where have you been!? Your father and I were so worried!" Annabeth rushed over to Zoe, checking her all over.

"Bianca?!"

Silena spun around, accidentally falling against Marie who had done the same.

A man with black hair and olive skin sprinted toward Bianca. "What happened!?"

Behind him, another man with golden hair and blue eyes followed, a first-aid kit in his hands.

"Bianca!" he scolded, examining her from head to toe. "Oh dear, you've got a scratch on your arm! Oh, Bianca, how many times have we told you not to go into the woods without me or dad?"