9: Inside (lionkits pov)

I walked inside of the den with the other kits.

The den lead a little way down. We finally reached the bottom, but the cave looked deserted. I could smell the foxes, but I couldn't see them. I could smell jay kit, but I couldn't see him. There was a tunnel, it looked like it went way down through the cave. It was dark in there. I started to feel trapped, like I was inside the mouth of a badger or a fox. It felt lonely. I was lonely. But I didn't know why.

"Where could he be?" Ivy kit asks, frightened, turning me back to reality.
"I know where!" Dove kit screeched.

We all turn to look at her.

How would she know?

"How do you know?" I ask her.
"Because I can her him!"
"Ok we'll, where is he then?" Amber kit asked.
"This way."

She walked over to where I was standing, I moved aside so she could get through.

"Wait, down the hole?" Bark kit asked, both surprised, and scared.
"Yep, now come on let's go!"
"Wait! Im not going down there!" Ivy kit squeaked.
"Fine, suite yourself. You can stay up here and keep watch, just in case."

She nodded.

"I'll keep watch with Ivy kit." Birch kit exclaims.
"Fine, then you both can stay up here and keep watch."

They nodded.

"Is there anyone else that doesn't want to come?"

The room went silent.

"Good, then let's go."