Sakura Empire and bad news(?)

Start from the beginning

She let go of Dresden, who briefly gasped for air before breathing normally again.

Dresden: What was that for!?

Atago: To welcome you.

Dresden: What??? *sweatdrops* Does she do that often?

Takao: She does like to hug people.

Dresden: Oh... *sweatdropping* Please don't do that again...

Atago: I can try, but no promises~

Dresden: (thoughts) Verdammt, wenn ich nicht aufpasse könnte sie mich noch ins Koma versetzen...! (Damnit, if I am not careful she could make me end up in a coma...!)

Shoukaku: You said you were a modern destroyer, what did you mean by that?

Dresden: Well, that's a bit complicated...

One explanation later...

Zuikaku: So you are from the future!?

Dresden: Yes, although it's a different timeline.

Takao: What happened your timeline?

Dresden: Basically the same things as this one, but the Sirens never attacked and shipgirls don't exist.

Shoukaku: Your timeline seems to be a lot more peaceful than ours.

Dresden: It isn't, because a war in 1914 caused a war in 1939 which started caused multiple other unofficial wars, and they still went on as far as I remember. Also, the situation between some major nations was pretty tense, so I hope nothing bad happened.

Zuikaku: Oh, that sounds really bad.

Dresden: Yes, it does. Anyway, you wanted to see my ship too, do you?

Zuikaku: Yeah... anyway, you met Enterprise?

Dresden: Yes?

Takao: I was wondering, how did none of you return with any major damage? Enterprise is one of the strongest shipgirls.

Dresden: (thoughts) Natürlich ist Enterprise eine der stärksten, sie ist ein Flugzeugträger und das dekoriertestete des 2. Weltkrieg. (Of course Enterprise is one of the strongest, she is an aircraft carrier and is also the most decorated ship of WWII.)

He briefly looked at his ship's defensive armament and answered.

Dresden: That is because of my CIWS.

Shoukaku: CIWS?

Dresden: It's a defense system, a last line of defense for close defense against almost anything that tries to harm me.

Takao: What are these threats?

Dresden: Missiles, bombs, aircraft, suicide boats and even artillery.

Takao: From what I understand you are almost impossible to get hit.

Dresden: More or less, but I barely have any armor... By the way, where can I fix my ship? I took a shell to the bow.

Shoukaku: Don't worry, the Manjuus can fix that quickly.

Dresden: Manjuus? What are Manjuus?

A bunch of Manjuus suddenly came out of nowhere with all the required tools and materials to fix a ship, a very bizarre sight for Dresden.

Dresden: (thoughts) Was in aller Welt!? Die benutzen wortwörtliche Vögel als Arbeitskräfte!? (What in the world!? They use literal birds as workers!?)

The Manjuus then proceeded to get onto his ship and started repairing the damage done by the shell, but a few others went somewhere else on the ship to look for more damage, going on to touch some parts of the Dresden's ship that they didn't really know how to handle... because no one expects Manjuus to handle 21st century equipment...

Dresden: H-hey! Don't touch that!

He ran up to his ship to stop the Manjuus from accidentaly breaking anything, as they started to fiddle with the forward gun, which has notable shrapnell scratches, the RAM starter, that had a black spot on it from firing a missile.

While he was trying to stop the Manjuus from accidentaly damaging anything.

Meanwhile, with Prinz Eugen and Z23:

After Eugen had told a very interested Bismarck about Dresden, his capabilities and what this could mean for the future of the Iron Blood as a whole.

So, after this they had received some very important orders, as from what Eugen told her Bismarck knew that having Dresden on their side could potentially mean victory or defeat. The orders she gave her were important as they were to bring Dresden to the Iron Blood and not allow the Azur Lane to get their hands on him.

Z23: Was hat sie gesagt? (What did she say?)

Prinz Eugen: Sie hat uns befohlen mit Dresden zum Eisen Blut zurück zu kehren, wir werden morgen mach kleinen Reparaturen gehen. (She ordered us to return with Dresden to the Iron Blood, we'll be leaving tomorrow after some minor repairs.)

Z23: Verstanden, ich werde es ihm sagen. (Understood, I will tell him.)

Another small timeskip:

Dresden: No, get off the radar!

He said to a Manjuu that somehow had gotten to the top of the ship... wait, how did they even get up there?

Takao: Why is the radar mounted stattically? That seems rather impractical.

Dresden: I have four radars pointing in every direction, that way I can track much more targets than normal without taking my radar off them.

Takao: So it continously keeps track of hostiles?

Dresden: Yes, it is pretty good. The only thing I would complain about my ship are the missiles.

Shoukaku: Why is that?

Dresden: You see, I have one model of anti-ship missiles, the Naval Strike Missiles, these are pretty good, but they don't have the biggest warheads. But atleast I don't have the Harpoons like my predecessors, the initial version of which came out 50 years before I was even commisioned.

Zuikaku: 50 years!? Why do they outfit their ships with outdated weaponry?

Dresden: Because it was peace time, there was no one who wanted to fight us.

Atago: That sounds very nice.

Dresden: Some of the goverments kinda sucked though.

As the were talking Z23 approached them.

Z23: Dresden?

Dresden: Ah. Hey Z23. Do you want anything from me?

Z23: I came to inform that we'll be leaving tomorrow.

Dresden: Where are we going?

Z23: Iron Blood, our home.

Dresden: Okay... (thoughts) Is das nicht der Äquivalent zum Dritten Reich...? Oh, Scheiße! (Isn't that the equivalent to the Third Reich...? Oh, shit!)

He knew that where he was going wasn't going to be a good place, well, atleast he thought...

End of Chapter

Sorry, took a bit longer than it was supposed to, anyway, how is this chapter?