Chapter 19

As I woke up into the world from my starry dream. Undertow had told me to tell my mother that he was her real father. I stretched luxuriously then I got up. All that was on the fresh-kill pile was a chaffinch, a fish, and a puny mouse. Where the hell did they get the fish? Well who cares, I don't like fish anyway.

I picked up the chaffinch and headed towards where my mother was sleeping.

"Skyleap can I talk to outside the den?" I asked her, quietly. 

She blinked sleepy-eyed then spoke; "We just can't wake Spiritkit or Bearkit." Then she sniffed the air."Is that a chaffinch?"

"Yes. You can have it once we start talking." I whispered to her as I led her out of the den and beside an oak tree.

I set the chaffinch down and Skyleap immediately stared eating.

"You know your parents Smokyfur and Shockheart?" I hesitated, should really know?

"Yes, go on."

"Shockheart isn't your real father," I whispered.

"H-He isn't?!?" She mewed, her eyes went dull. "But Smokyfur wasn't a liar. She would always tell me everything."

"Skyleap, do you want to know your true father, or leave it unsaid?" I asked her nervously.

"I would like to know who my true father is, Midnightpaw."

"Undertow is your real father."