Chapter 18

After Shinningstar was settled down I went into my thoughts. That starry warrior looked and sounded like me too. She was a smoky grey and had brown legs, tail, and face. Could she be my mother's mother? I let that thought drift me into sleep.

"Well, well. I guess you figured out who I am. I am Smokyfur. I am your mother's mother. I want guide you in the way that your mentor would. I-"

"Were is my my mother's father?" I asked, keen to know.

"I am here, young Midnightpaw. I am Undertow. I died only a few days ago and now I join Smokyfur in Starclan." He mewed softly.

"But your from Lightningclan. How..." I trailed off as I looked at their unreadable face expressions.

"I fell in love with her at a gathering. We met at Sparklerock for 2 or 3 moons. Smokyfur said she couldn't on like this and left me."

"But I realized I was expecting kits. I told my other mate Shockheart that I was expecting his 2nd litter. He wondered why some of them were blue and white. I lied I had a gene that made them blue or white. Poor Shockheart. I wonder how he is." Smokyfur told me sombrely.

"Your mother never knew about Undertow. I want you to tell her."

I watched them as I woke up in the bushy terrain. At that point I knew how to make my mother happier then she was, or so I thought...