•25• "I'm sorry,"

___________________________
Shawn's POV

I was heading to Ry's house, she was crying like crazy over the phone and she said that she needed me.

You, don't understand how rattled I am right now!

I don't know if rattled is the right word but shaken, terrified, worried.

Ry's never done this before, she never ever cries either, what's wrong?

I entered her driveway and raced to her doorsteps. There was no cars in the drive way, so I'm guessing that her mother wasn't home. I didn't even knock on the door.

I quickly turned the knob. And raced up her stairs.

I knocked on her bedroom door.

"Ry." I whispered.

The door creaked open and revealed a fragile, girl.

Her hair was in a loose ponytail, she was clutching onto my sweatshirt. Wait what? That's the sweatshirt that was in the bag.

"Riley,"

I pulled her into a hug and stroked her hair I kissed into her hair and sat her on her bed. I saw the black bag was on her bed, along with the things I put in the black bag I gave her before I left.

Her laptop was open and it looked like she had been on it. She must have watched my video.

"S-Shawn, I-Im so s-sorry..." She managed to say in between breaths.

She caught her breath, I calmed her down, and finally after fifteen minutes she was in my arms and I was holding her tight.

"Shawn, I've been a terrible best friend, and girlfriend. I feel so bad. I am a mean mean, mean, mean bitch."

"You aren't a mean bitch, and your not a terrible best friend or girlfriend. " I had no idea why she was calling herself this.

"I'm sorry that I have never been there for you, and I'm sorry that I have never ever listened to one of your songs, and I'm sorry that I have never supported your singing career, and I'm sorry that I made you drive all the way here." She said all this in one breath practically.

"Riley, you've always been there for me. The only reason you why you don't know much about my music career is because I never tell you, and open up to you about it! Its okay Ry, I love you so much, words can't describe." I pulled her into a passionate kiss, which led to a make out session.

Why does she have to be so beautiful, and fun, and sweet?

After a few minutes, I went to the bathroom.

When I came back into Riley's room, she was gone.

Then everything went black.

Woah! Did I just pass out? If I passed out I wouldn't be able to have my eyes still open looking into the dark, and still thinking.

The lights went out, dummy.

"Riley!"

No answer.

"Hello?"I walked around her room trying not to bump into anything.

I felt someone's small hands grab onto me and jump on my back.

"Boo!" She whispered into my ear. I could see her pearly white teeth, even in the dark. She had a cheeky smile on her face.

"Did you try to scare me?" I whispered.

"Yes, did it work?" She whispered back. I could feel her warm breath on my ear. Her breath smelled like tropical fruit, Trident gum.

"No."

"Why are we whispering?"

"I don't know. People always whisper when it's all dark." I laughed. She jumped off me and turned on the lights.

"Shawn, I want to say thank you for all the things you left me in the bag when you left. I kinda forgot about it when you left, sorry."

I grabbed her waist and spun her in the air.

"Will you stop saying sorry! Silly girl!" I gave her a quick peck on the lips and then let her down.

"Baby, I have to go."

"Where?" She whined.

"Pick up this person from Atlanta, who's interested in doing a duet with me. We are suppose to get to know each other before we start. So they will be here for a week, and then I'll go to Atlanta for a week."

She sighed.

"That's weird." She mumbled.

"I know."

She didn't pick her head up from staring at the floor.

"I love you Riley." I took a couple steps closer to the door.

I leaned on the door frame, and crossed my arms.

She looked up. Her big chocolate brown orbs avoiding my eyes.

"I love you...Shawn." She said under her breath.

I just left and headed to the airport.

*20 minutes later*

I was sitting in a one of those cheap plastic chairs in the airport.

They were really uncomfortable.

I should have brought a pillow, I didn't know I would be waiting this long for their plane to arrive.

To be honest, I have no idea if this person is a male or a female. All I know about them is they sing and their recording studio is in Atlanta and they live there.

That's it.

I looked up to see a old lady stumbling across the marble floor to get to the carpet.

I would of helped her but....

Why didn't I help her?

Finally I heard the lady on the speaker say the flight number that just arrived.

I think it was the persons. That didn't make sense I mean the person that I'll be doing a duet with, there plane just arrived.

I'm curious....