•2• "New York City?"

Shawn's POV

Today was Thursday, and I was in math class.

My mom had told me that we were leaving tonight to go to the airport to go to New York City. We are going to visit my cousins.

"Hey bro, can I borrow a pencil?" A kid asked me. "Sure" I reached in my bag and took one out and handed it to him.

Seriously? We have 10 more minutes of class and your asking for a pencil now? Now?

*10 minutes later*

The bell rang and I walked out with my back pack hanging from shoulder and a book in my hand going to my locker.

For some reason these past weeks, I felt weird around Riley, a good weird. Whenever I touch her I get this shock like electricity feeling going through me.

Weird.

Hormones....probably.

I slammed my locker and walked to the loud messy lunch room.

I got my food and sat down at the usual table Ry and I and some other kids sit.

"Hey Shawn" Ry sat down, at the table with a big huff.

"Hey, how's your day? So far?" I asked her. She looked stressed.

Riley always let these small things get to her, like school, little comments people would say to her. She didn't get bullied, just some people didn't like how she was so pretty and stood up for herself.

I felt bad about what I was going to tell her in a few minutes.

"Shawn, I hate school. I can't do it, it's so stupid! I need a vacation." She huffed out a big breath.

I sighed.

Im nervous I didn't know what shes going to say.

"Riley, I'm going to New York City tonight."

Would she be mad? Sad? Happy? No she wouldn't be happy.

Her face dropped.

"I'm so sorry I rea-" I was cut off my her.

"New York City?" She smiled as she asked the question. "And you didn't invite me?" Then her face turns into a straight line.

"Well..." I trailed off with my eyes wandering off. "What!" She laughed.

"Would you like to come? I don't think it's a problem to get a last minute ticket tonight. I mean you would have to pack really fast." I hoped she would say yes. I love Riley with me. Wait what?

"YES! Go empty your tray!!" She yelled. Geez, she's loud.

After I rush and throw our lunch away she grabs my wrist and she heads towards her locker.

"Come on let's be rebels. Go grab your bag from your locker and meet me outside we are going to go pack!" She had a evil grin on her face.

Why was best friends with this wacko.

After I packed my stuff up, I went outside and saw Ry waving me on. She looks like a criminal who just stole something and was rushing out from the store.

Her house was about 10 minutes from the high school. So it wasn't that long.

"Soooo" I tried clearing up the awkwardness.

It didn't help.

Riley's POV

"So, who are you going to ask to the dance next Friday?" I was very curious for some reason. I felt an urge to ask him.

There was a dance next Friday it was just like prom they just didn't call it prom we had 3 dances during the year this was our 2nd the third would be prom.

Our hands brushed each others and a feeling went up my arm.

"Umm.... I'm not...sure." He sighed.

I nodded my head. "What about you?" He asked, obviously curious.

I looked up and we were at my front steps. I looked up at Shawn. He was leaning in.

I cleared my throat a little and snapped me head away from him and unlocked my front door.

That was awkward. Was he going to KISS ME?

I was starting to think I was developing feelings for my best friend. That can't be good.

My mom (Mia Stone) wasn't home she worked until 10:00 p.m. . She adored Shawn. It was okay if Shawn was over anytime. She trusted him a lot. And my dad well he died when I was 5 his name was Marco Stone. And I was an only child.

I was always with Shawn so I always had company.

I pulled a suitcase out from under my bed, then Shawn entered my room.

"Shawn, please start packing my converse, vans, heels, and flats." I told him.

"So you mean all of your shoes?" He chirped. "Uh, no weirdo just the really nice ones. And the ones I wear often." I told him.

He nodded.

When I was done packing all my stuff in my suitcase, I carried it down stairs.

"Where's my phone?" I asked no one.

It was sitting on the living room table. I grabbed it and called my mother.

I asked my mom if I could go with Shawn, she said fine. She told me were her emergency money was and they was $150 there for me. She told me sooner or later I would pull a fast one and she would be there so she got prepared. (Does that even make sense?)

"She said yes!" I yelled to Shawn who was, actually I had no idea where he was or what he was doing.

"Shawn?" I whispered, poking my head in the doorway of my room.

He wasn't in there? What the heck, where was the he?

I felt two strong hands touch me and grab my waist and lift me up and throw me over their shoulder. I felt a nervou sensation.

"PUT ME DOWN!" I screamed. "NEVEAAAAA!!" It was Shawn. I started cracking up.

I was ticklish, like really ticklish. "I...can't....br-breath!" I said in between laughs.

He put me down. "Thank you" I said brushing off my clothes. He pulled me into him and sat me on the couch. I was sitting in his lap.

"Your beautiful" he said looking in my eyes. "Okeyy, Shawny boy needs a little nap now!" I said patting his chest scooting away. He didn't break the eye contact.

He quickly snapped back into reality and stood up and walked towards the door.

"Shawn. What are you leaving?" I asked him quietly. "We will be here at 8:30 p.m. to pick you up" he mumbled.

I felt like my heart broke into a million pieces. What did I say? What did I do?

Stay with me.