•4• "We look like a married couple."

I was sitting on the couch of the Martin's. (Coming up with a family, random)

I had already met the Martin's. They were really nice, Connor who was 14, was really funny, and clever.

I liked that.

And Lily who was 4, she was adorable she had these striking blue eyes and dark brown hair, and Connor had these big chocolate brown eyes and brown hair. He had the Cameron Dallas look going on.

Luna and Brad were very sweet.

Brad was related to Shawn's father.

I got interrupted by snapping fingers in my face.

Connor.

"Hey grandma, wake up!"

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up.

"Yes?" I asked confused.

"Can you and Shawn bring me and Lily, around the city. Like to stores. Mostly, because my moms making me show you around." He said.

I could tell he was getting bored.

"Yeah, sure." I got up.

I picked my sunglasses off the couch and put them on, along with my shoulder bag.

"Ready? I'll show you around." Shawn said coming into the living room holding Lily.

"Yep." I looked behind me before leaving making sure Connor was behind me.

This was like babysitting.

Babysitting a fourteen year old and a four year old.

But in New York City.

We exited the big building whatever it was and started to walk I made sure that Connor was in front of me at all times Lily was being held by Shawn.

*Later that day*

So far, New York City was great! I loved it, just not the weirdos who gave me rude looks.

I saw paparazzi a couple of times taking pictures of us. But I knew why.

Shawn.

Right now I'm in a small outdoor restaurant. I'm sitting with Shawn and Lily is in his lap, and Connor was in the bathroom.

A old lady walked by and stopped and looked at us.

"How long have you been married?" , "What's your daughters name?"

"Ohh no, no this is my cousin, and we are best friends." He pointed back and forth to me then to him when said. 'we are best friends'.

I let out a small laugh.

The old lady started walking very slow to wherever she was going, confused.

Poor lady.

"We look like a married couple." I said giggling.

"Eh, we kinda do." Shawn said shrugging.

Why was he getting all defensive? He was acting weird.

Connor came back.

He sat down next to me.

He looked out of breath.

"Well...." He trailed off looking around.

I raised my eyebrow up.

"I kinda accidentally walked into the ladies room and then a old lady looked at me started yelling so I ran off. Then after a minute, from hiding in the bushes, I made sure she was gone so I jumped out of the bush and waddled to the bathroom and then came here." He said. Every word was serious.

I burst out laughing Shawn just shook his head.

I looked up at Connor. He was so serious.

"How's that funny?" He asked.

I ignored what he said.

"Alright come on, let's go we finished our food like an hour ago come on."

This time I held Lily and Shawn made sure Connor was in front of him.

After visiting some stores it was 4:30 pm and I was beat.

I had a lot of bags in my hands. Shopping bags. But they were mostly Connors and Shawn's.

I just wanted to go cuddle up in my fresh new bed. That meaning the hotel bed.

***

After talking to Aaliyah for thirty minutes, I headed to my room.

I pulled the key/card out of my purse then swiped it across to scan.

I heard the unlocking noise so I opened it.

I dropped my stuff and put it on a little desk, and ran to my bed and laid there like a starfish.

I heard the door creak open.

"Do you mind if I sing?" Shawn asked grabbing his guitar and shutting the door.

"No not at all."

Then the word just poured out.

He was amazing.

And I will walk this road ahead

One hundred miles on my hands

Do I need to show you?

Guess I gotta show you

And if you don't believe me now

I'll flip the whole world upside down

Do I need to show you?

Guess I gotta show you

Do I really gotta show you now?  

Really, really, really, gotta show you now?

Do I really gotta spell it out? I-T, I spelled it out

If you really wanna see me now? Watch me walk across the clouds

Do I need to show you? Guess I gotta show youu

WOW! He was really good. My jaw dropped down to the floor.

He put his guitar back in its case and then ran to me and tackled me with tickling.

I started laughing.

"Y-You a-a-are r-really g-0od!" I said in between laughs.

He laughed and got off of me and we laid side my side, each of us laying in the opposite direction with our foreheads touching.

He leaned in.

I just stayed frozen.

Until I felt his warm soft lips on mine.

It was slow. It was like sparks flying. Everything just stopped around us and it was only us.

He pulled away and so did I.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"It was just in the moment, you know." My heart dropped, so that didn't mean anything.

"Oh yeah, in the moment. Those things happen. A lot." He just smiled.

I did a fake tiny smile.

I wanted to cry.

My eye got heavy and I soon fell asleep.

___________________________

Hey, remember, vote comment! Vote! Follow me!! If you have any questions or ideas just tell me in comments or message me. :)