CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE: you loath me

(i missed this, sorry it's short)

"I literally don't give a shit where you were" he groaned at me. I stared at him calmly, trying to figure out the best course of action to take

"James" i pleaded softly with him "i- i'm sorry.. I was mad and stupid and i'm sorry. I miss you" he laughed sarcastically

"Yeah stupid doesn't even begin to cover this! I can't believe you sometimes" he shouted "this is insane, you're insane. You don't miss me. You don't love me. Axl probably kicked out out and no you have nobody else except me"

"I said i'm sorry!" i shouted back, but before the conversation could continue lars walked past me and into the kitchen, kirk close behind.

"What the hell is happening?" kirk asked us and i looked at james, who was looking at me furiously. He shrugged

"Olivia is leaving" james stated bluntly.

"James- i don't have anywhere else to go" i begged "i'm sorry"

"Sorry doesn't cut it" he said and walked into his room, slamming the door behind him. I looked to kirk who was whispering to lars. He then turned to me and smiled.

"Don't worry, you can stay" he assured me and i hugged him tightly.

"Thank you" i breathed and kissed his cheek "thank you" he grinned wildly and blushed. Lars rolled his eyes.

"You can stay in my room" cliff said as i sat on the couch. He was sitting in the corner of the room on a chair and smoking "i have a couch, you can sleep in the bed" i nodded, smiling at him a little. I felt horrible about james, though. I wasn't sure how to make it up to him if i even could.

I tried to put it out of my mind and just focus on spending time with the other guys. They asked me all sorts of questions about where i was and stuff- mostly kirk. I don't think lars had fully gotten over what i'd said to him before, and i didn't know ciff that well anyways. He was reserved and thoughtful. He reminded me of what natalia might have been like.

"You look different" kirk told me "skinnier, more tired, kind of sick" i blushed

"Thanks" i muttered a little sarcastically. I was well aware of the physical state i was in. i'd been wrecking my body and nervous system every day for weeks, it was bound to take a toll. "Anyways, how come you're not mad?" i asked him. The first time i'd seen him after drama with james, he was upset and didn't want to speak with me. But now he seemed just fine with it. He shrugged

"We kind of desperately need you to fix asshole over there" he pointed to the direction of james's room "you're the only solution.. And besides, how can we be mad at you? We missed you"

"Speak for yourself" lars muttered and kirk smacked his arm playfully

I told them i was going to take a shower then go to bed. The shower was nice. It gave me a moment of mental clarity before the water ran cold.

I wrapped a towel around myself and combed through my wet hair. I actually felt clean for once. I wasn't sure if it was clean metaphorically or not, but it felt nice. I went straight to cliff's room and started looking around in my bag for some clothes.

Only after i'd gotten dressed did i realize cliff was there the whole time, reading. I wasn't enthusiastic about sharing a room with him for an indefinite amount of time, but i'd take what i could get. It's not that i didn't like him, i actually quite enjoyed that he liked being quiet, but he scared me and i got the impression that he wasn't fond of me.

"Sorry" i muttered and sat on his bed, looking at him

"I've seen plenty of naked girls, i don't mind" he said, looking up from his book "want me to turn off the light?" i shook my head