Chapter 40

Umm. . A few mature scenes I laughed

Chapter 40:

I wince at the wave of pain that is making its way in my entire body, but mainly around the lower are of the abdomen and I roll on my other side before unlocking my hands from under my cheek.

"You're awake," Zayn's voice travels inside my ears and I slowly open my eyes to meet with his figure. "At last," he mutters and a creep of redness paints my neck and face as I lift my folded knees closer to my stomach. I'm actually not drowning in crimson at the sight of Zayn shirtless, allowing the muscles under his toned skin to appear carefully with every swift movement that leaves his hand on the canvas. His jaw is clenched, his stare is fixed and focused on whatever he seems to be drawing and it looks like that all that jazz regarding the thing he is drawing depends on his entire existence.

I press the duvet over my naked chest, and that's when I realize why I'm actually flooding with embarrassment. I'm actually naked under these sheets and for some reason I feel exposed yet ... buoyant. Peaceful. Never have I expected to blend those three words together: naked, exposed and buoyant.

"What time is it?" I ask him, sensing the dryness of my mouth after uttering him, and I wait for him to reply but instead he only hums, his tone shows he's not focused. "Zayn?" I ask him again, and he looks at me with surprise and wonder in his eyes.

"Yeah, babe?" He asks, flat.

"What time is it?" I ask him and for an instant, and because of the way his tone sounds like, my heart thumps loudly as fear takes a twist within me.

"7:30. I tried to wake you up, but you were knackered."

"Yeah," I whisper, letting out a heavy sigh before I stare at the black duvet and feel the skin of my two legs touching each other as I feel another wave of an unexplainable sensation icing my body. "Quite the exercise," I say unware and if only he could see the expressions on his face. If only I could see the expressions on my face.

I stare at him worriedly, because this was never something I expected to say - not at least when I'm undressed and hiding my body under this woolen blanket - but my body relaxes when I examine the smile that's twitching from the corner of his mouth. "Yeah," a sloppy grin draws his mouth and then stands up, dusts off his dark blue basketball shorts before he makes his way to where I lay.

His eyes. Oh God, his eyes can take away the pain and replace fear instead. Fear of being away from this person, from those stares and from the mystery they hold.

   I admire his skin, that on his face with the little - short hair peaking from underneath his jaw line.

  I let my hand travel to his hair as I fondle with a strand hair, loose and tickling my cheek after he lowered himself a little; hovering over me with his right hand on my face - smelling the fresh scent of pencil led that enchants me - while the other fidgets with the fold of the cover that hides my chest.

I don't dare utter a word since my breathing shortens more, and then more with every silent moment but I feel my heart colliding with my rigid breathings before crashing down to my stomach when he parts his lips. A little circle is formed in the center of his mouth, showing how full they are and how desirable they are at this moment.

His fingers tickle my skin when he brushes around my collar bone and my body kindles when he lowers his hand to start exposing my chest but this is very tormenting because he never removes his eyes from mine - not even a bit. Staring at him, anticipated, petrified and ill at ease he starts lowering down to carefully kiss right above my cleavage before revealing my breast and takes me by surprise when his hand gently yet achingly caresses. I lightly lift my back as my front body touches his and I gasp for air when his lips move to start kissing the skin around my nipple.