When the last class of the day ended, Y/N hurried to sort her things and left the classroom, walking briskly toward the entrance of the campus. She did not want to miss a single moment of the process Sam was about to go through; there were only two options and, if it was bad news for him, he would need his friends next to him.

Therefore, a smile appeared on her face when she arrived at the office and found Christina and J.C waiting for the boy.

"Is he inside already?"

"A couple of minutes ago." Chris replied with an uncertain smile.

"He looked really nervous." Commented J.C.

"Since the morning." Y/N agreed.

"Are you kidding? Of course he will be," Chris said. "He has been waiting for his results for two months." They both nodded slowly, agreeing with her, to which she only let out a small laugh. "Even we are nervous about it."

J.C and Y/N nodded again, acknowledging the truth of her words. Then, the three of them were completely silent, expectant and intrigued.

A few minutes later, Sam left the office with a piece of paper in his hands and his gaze lost in disbelief. His friends shared a worried look and approached him trying to be as non-invasive as possible.

"Everything..." Y/N cleared her throat, hesitating. "Is everything okay?"

"Sam?"

Then the boy nodded slowly, puzzled:

"I got it."

All of them widened their eyes in surprise, waiting for a totally opposite answer, and then reacted to congratulate him.

"We told you you'd make it!" Chris was the first to speak as they hugged him.

"Very well done, Sam."

"Yeah, 'Muel, great." J.C. commented with a smile.

Then, the three of them dedicated themselves to congratulating the boy, who seemed to need more space on his face to be able to continue smiling the way he was doing. The pride he felt could be seen from miles away, it was a pretty cute image to appreciate.

However, the celebrations had to be postponed after the boy remembered that he had to call the agency in charge of the exchange as soon as possible, or else, he could lose his ticket on the estimated date.

Everyone understood immediately and said goodbye, taking different paths again.

Y/N went with a sincere smile on her face as she walked to her new peculiar house, thinking about the great opportunity that her friend had just received, when she noticed, from a distance, that the main entrance was open.

Puzzled, she slowed her steps. Then, she noticed Wooyoung's presence, talking to a man under the doorframe, both of them totally serious.

Noticing it, she decided to keep her distance; it definitely did not seem like a scenario that she wanted to ruin, much less interrupt. She could not quite hear what they were saying, yet she could perfectly appreciate Wooyoung's cold countenance. The expression on his face was very different from what she knew, more rigorous and calculating.

Then, after a few minutes, they both reached into their pockets and exchanged sealed envelopes. From the skill with which they had done it, she knew it was not the first time it had happened. A current ran through her body and she pressed her lips. After it, the unknown man immediately withdrew, allowing her to walk again.

As soon as he left the place, Wooyoung noticed Y/N's presence and stood still, waiting for her under the doorframe. The girl had unconsciously changed her expression, and she was getting closer and closer, unable to hide what she felt.

She passed his side, entering the house, and swallowed heavily. Then she waited to hear the door close and waited a few seconds until she felt Wooyoung's first step towards her.

"They're not just rumors," she clenched her jaw, not turning to see him, "are they?"

Wooyoung stopped walking and looked at Y/N's back. Silence flooded the place for a few moments. Every second that passed gave the girl more space to put the pieces together.

"No."

"...that's what they tried to steal from you." She concluded, turning to look directly into his eyes. "You do sell drugs."

Then, Wooyoung fell silent again, standing firm in front of those eyes. His face had changed again, he was no longer the cold boy she had seen a few moments ago, however, there was not a single trace of regret or remorse.

"You are..."

"It's easy money. You can't judge me for that."

"But-"

"I'm just selling it." He added. "I don't consume any of that."

Y/N'S words were halfway through and her lips were then sealed. Her eyes focused on his and she felt the pressure on her chest fade slightly; time could have passed, but his gaze remained as sincere as ever.

"...How long ago...?"

"Would something seriously change after my answer?"

Then she was silent again. The girl looked away from his face, feeling a strange sense of ignorance.

"Y/N," Wooyoung approached her slowly and, seeing that her body remained static, he took her chin to reconnect their eyes, "I am still me."

Then, Y/N's pupils collided with Wooyoung's once more, being immediately captured. The depth and sincerity that his eyes handled let her know that everything was true. Wooyoung had never lied to her, not even once; he did not have that need.

"I know."

Hearing the girl's response, Wooyoung smiled slightly and stroked her hair, then parted from her and went to the kitchen. On instinct, Y/N followed him in complete silence. The boy went to one of the shelves and pulled out a bottle of whiskey.

"Any important class tomorrow?" He asked as he poured himself some liquor.

"...nothing I can't get back on track later." She answered, leaning on the counter, staring at the boy. "Why?"

Wooyoung smiled again and turned to the girl, raising his glass slightly in toast, and winked at her.

"We're going shopping."