^is important for this chapter. (Don't hate me! 😬😬😬)

Main Cavern Area

Mike trembles behind a spiked rock, fear and guilt filling him to the brim. He knows he has to do something, anything to get Pennywise distracted long enough for everyone else to figure out a plan. 

'If Blondie was here, she'd know what to do. She always had a pla- NO!'

Mike stops his thoughts from going down that hole. He can't afford to lose his shit, so he grounds himself and then peeks around the rock to look through the flashing lights for the demon. He sees Stan and Bill tumble out of the water a few meters away, and his eyes widen.

"Bill! Stan!" and then the dark-skinned man stumbles up to run towards them, only to be stopped by the thing he was looking for originally.

"Miss me?" the redheaded murder clown glares down at the human, drool dripping from his mouth. Mike gasps, startled for a moment, but steels his emotions.

It's what Laycey would do.

"I know what you are! And I know what happened to you! That's why I'm not afraid! You are just a heartbroken man with magic!" Mike yells with confidence. Pennywise glares at him harder, but doesn't move. He then starts cackling maniacally.

"Well, I know what you are!" Pennywise begins and turns serious, leaning down as if he was telling a secret. Yellow eyes flickering red stare into Mike. Mike tenses as he feels his breath on his mortal body.

"You're a Madman." he hisses before backing away. Mike releases a breath he didn't know he was holding, but that moment of relief didn't last long.

"Let's see how much of a Madman you can be, yeah?" he grins and reaches behind him, making Mike look nervously confused. At this point, everyone is returning from the hellholes they endured. Richie is the first of his group to return and sees what's happening.

Pennywise moves his hand to the front and a dirty and tearful Laycey is wound tightly in his grasp. Mike then blanks as he meets her distressed eyes. Upon seeing her love, Laycey hardens and begins to struggle more, trying to free herself. But Mike stilled. Nothing mattered in that moment except for her, yet the man couldn't bring himself to move. Fear had grabbed him and tore his heart to pieces. He didn't know what to do.

Richie watches on from where he stood, and with no hesitation begins to form a plan. It was stupid- massively stupid. Lorie and Laycey are gonna have his dick but it would be worth it. Richie had to save his friend, save his soulmate's sister. There was no other option.

Pennywise begins to unhinge his jaw and open it wide enough for him to eat Laycey when he is stopped by some rocks hitting his back. He drops her to the ground, and whips around to see Richie was trying to gain his attention. As soon as Laycey wasn't in Pennywise's grasp, Mike rushed as fast as he could to her. And when he got to her, he didn't give either of them time to reconcile. He jerked her up and dragged her behind a boulder. They could do that later. Right now all that mattered was getting to safety.

"Hey Fuckface! Wanna play truth or dare?" the vision impaired man screams with a wide glare. Pennywise bares his teeth at the man, but Richie doesn't waver.

"Here's a truth for you! You're a sloppy bitch!" He continues, and reaches down to grab a rock. Richie brings his hand back to throw when,

"Yippee Kai Yay You Limp Dick MotherFu-" Pennywise immediately snaps his deadlights to Richie, the rock flies out of his hand behind him, his form going limp.

Eddie helps Lorie out of the crawl space and takes in the scene before him with a gasp. He moves to stand in front of Lorie, and his body freezes in fear, but Lorie sees what Pennywise was doing to Richie and wasn't going to stand there.