Bill

Downtown Derry

Bill had a small gut feeling on what his token would be, but brushed it aside and walked through town. He gets so lost in his thoughts though, that he drifts into the street, where a car is coming up.

The honk of the car horn startles him back into reality and he braces himself against the car with his hand.

"Whoa! S-S-Shit sorry!" The driver throws a hand in annoyance, and Bill rushes to the opposite sidewalk he was previously on. Once off the road, he rubs his face with a tired sigh and walks forward. He passes a couple stores, but Bill stops and looks in the window of one particular store, because something catches his eye.

On display in the pawnshop window is a small section of jewelry for sale, and in the center of it is a very familiar necklace.

Bill would know that necklace anywhere, especially with the engraving it had.

With little more hesitation, the man with a stutter enters the store and looks around for a moment.

"Can I help you?" a nasally voice calls out to Bill.

"Hi. Yea I wanna see about the N-N-N- " Bill speaks, but has a lot of trouble telling the clerk what he needs. His stutter has come back since Lorie’s absence. 

"The NoodleHead Man action figure?"

"Mm-mm. The N-N-"

"The Navy-Blue Nesting Dolls?"

"The N-N-N- "

"The adjustable Neckties?"

"N-N-N-"

"The used 'Never say Never' Justin Bieber Movie?"

"SHIT! This fucking necklace!" Bill explodes finally, relieved he got it out. The clerk gives him a nasty look at his foul wording.

"You wanna use that kind of language, take it out on the street. I don't like it." He chastises and he stands. Bill gets a better look at him, and feels slightly uncomfortable. The man looked odd, like he would be one of those super creepy horror novelists. Or even the bad guy in a horror movie.

"Can we just start over and p-pretend that I j-just walked in?" Bill begged. The clerk crossed his arms, and glared annoyed. He sighs before complying.

"How can I help you?"

"Yes I would like to buy this necklace up in your window." He states with confidence. And that's when the store clerk gets a good look at Bill.

"Hey, aren't you William Denbrough, the writer?" he questions, making the man with a stutter cringe slightly.

"Uhh- yeah. That's me." he replies with an awkward chuckle. There is a small pause and Bill speaks again.

"The necklace up there that I am referring to- me and my soulmate and brothers bought it for our soulmate we all share. It's hers." Bill tells him.

"Well, it is mine now. But if you want it, you are the big hot shot author. You could afford it." the clerk states, making Bill raise his eyebrows.

"Yeah, okay. How much?"

The creepy store clerk looks him up and down and glances at the window, and smirks greedily.

"$250." He tells him and gets up to go grab the necklace. Bill looked at him incredulously.

"You can afford it." He reminds the writer.

"Yeah, I guess it's worth it. She's worth it." and Bill reaches for his wallet in his back pocket. After he fishes the money out he walks over to the window to show the man which one he wanted.