Important

* Evelyn's pov *

I'm taken up to a beautiful penthouse with big windows and an open floor plan. But I can't focus through my throbbing headache. "Stay by the doors and windows. I don't need a sniper taking all of us out just to get to her," Sofia says. I turn to her, the knot in my stomach tensing.

"You mean...." I turn to each of them. "All of you could die..... because of me?" I stutter, backing up. Sofia nods her head, laying it on thick. "When boss wants something done, though, we don't ask questions. You're important to him. You die, we die," she shrugs.

I start to hyperventilate which makes her come closer to me, placing two hands on my face. "Listen. This world is not going to go easy on you and you will not have an easy way out of anything anymore, do you understand?" she demands. I listen wide eyed, my heart beating out of my chest.

"You are in the middle of this fight that has been created and you're going to wear shiny things and hide many bruises but it's all you're going to have no," she continues. I suck in a sharp breath, my blurred vision clearing up.

"I'm going to dress you in the nicest clothes and make you the shiny new thing in the mafia world but when that curtain closes, you're going to need to fight your way through life."

Shes not wrong. She's smart. This is life is terrifying. It's murderous and bloody. But I've caught the eye of a dangerous organization, one just under the De Leon empire. I'll be strung up by my feet in less than a month if I don't take this opportunity.

I nod quickly, sucking in a sharp breath. Sofia rushes us to a room with a large walk in closet. I spin around, looking at all the different dresses and shoes. Sofia sorts through a rack of short dresses, all darker colors with crazy styles and revealing cuts.

She pulls out a dark red dress with a ruched bottom skirt and a top that will barely wrap around my tits. They're not the biggest but I guarantee one wrong move in that dress and i'll be showing some more than my curves.

"I- I can't," I put my arms up. She scoffs, putting it into my hands. "You can and you will. Change in the bathroom and let your hair down. You makeup is done already and i'll grab you some heels. Size?" I groan, slipping out of my heels and stepping back.

"6." She widens her eyes, turning to the shelf of heels. "Jesus. You might as well have a child's foot size." "In case you haven't noticed, a woman of my height isn't going to have alien feet," I cross my arms. She cracks up, covering her mouth shortly after. "Oh shut up," I roll my eyes. "He's definitely going to like the attitude," she yells to me. I sigh, leaning against the bathroom door.

"What am I doing?" I slide down the door, laying the dress on the floor. My eyes tear up once again, my heart starting to beat fasting.

It's all coming back. Every single punch. Every single scar. I don't want this life again. I don't want to worry about if i'm going to make it out alive. A mock on the bathroom door makes my heart skip.

"Evelyn, hurry up. Boss will have my ass if I don't get you there within fifteen minutes." I wipe my nose and my eyes then stand up. "I'm going." I strip off my skirt and shirt then stand in front of the mirror. I let my hair down then peel of my bra. I examine all the little white scars left like permanent memories on my skin.

I shake my head, trying to rid myself of the anxious feeling filling me. I slide the dress on and wrap the fabric over my tits. I turn around and look into the mirror, my mouth dropping at the sight of the dress. Uhhhh..... wow.