V.I.P

We wait in the car for the other girls to get through the crowded house. It wasn't supposed to be a single girls' night with just Lani and I, but a girls night with Sam, Macy, and Jadyn. They finally come out, dressed in short dresses and high heels. What else was expected though? They slide into the back, laughing and cheering like we're off to a bachelorette party.

"Come on! I heard from Camille that there is a group of guys she's totally drooling over," Macy cheers.

"Yeah, and I heard there are enough to share," Sam smirks. I turn to Lani and roll my eyes. She chuckles as she shifts into gear and takes off. The car ride is lively and annoying.

I wasn't in the mood to party really. After an episode, it was ideal for me to curl into my comforter, stick my earbuds in and write 9 chapters in a book I had only just thought of. My episodes varied, some extreme, some mild. But they were all draining and Lani knew the last thing I would want to do was party. But she's right. I need to get out. I can't let him have this long lasting effect on me.

We arrive at the crowded bar, parking near to impossible. Lani finds a spot she can barely park into. She parallel parks then we jump out, the autumn air turning my soft skin into a rough, goosebump filled field. The bar is lit up with neon lights, flashing green and blue, a giant sign with the name of the bar (written in Spanish so I have no idea how to even pronounce it), and a beautiful modern set up.

"Oh he's cute," Jadyn points to a man in the waiting line. Lani takes my arm, laughing in my ear.

"She's going to get another STD, I'm calling it now." I turn to her, covering my mouth to cover my laugh. She cracks up, rushing into the V.I.P line. The bouncer takes a short look at us then allows us in. Lani winks at him, blowing him a kiss then leads us in. I scoff, surprised she could actually get us in when the line out the door is at least 1/8th of a mile long. The music bombards me right as the double set of doors open.

Sweaty people dancing, drinking, and borderline fucking flood my vision. Before the dance floor and bar in the back is a small platform that you first step on when you enter the building.

For a second, I felt hundreds of eyes on me. I felt like shrinking down into a ball, turning around and running out.

I hate when people look at me, especially when dressed like this, which is ironic since I want to be this well known author. I take a deep breath then Lani squeezes my arm slightly. She turns to me, nodding with a smile on her face.

"Let's go get a drink," she leads us all down the stairs. "Calm your nerves." I let out another deep breath then slide my arm out of hers. I take her hand and we go single file through the crowd, towards the bar.

Hot bodies bump into us, giving no sympathy for stepping on our feet over and over. At one point, Lani punches a guy in the stomach for trying to grind on her.

"The nerve," she puts her lips against my ear, her voice irritated. I crack, pulling her closer to my back.

Once we get to the bar, it's a breath of fresh air. There aren't nearly as many people along the bar and on the stools compared to the hundreds of people on the dance floor and performers on the stage.

Three bartenders are working quickly, pouring drinks, washing cups and taking orders.

What saints.

"Ladies....." the bartender drags out, a flirty tone in his voice. "What can I bless your mouths with?" I scrunch my eyebrows, cringing.

"We didn't like that one, dude," Sam adds, laning on the bar. He clears his throat, making a fist to his mouth.