Chapter 50

*Lhexi's Picture above*

*WARNING*

*Gore Content Ahead.*

Sometimes, I just want to pull out a gun and play Russian Roulette. My life would be interesting that way. But, I kept holding myself back from pulling the trigger at the last second because I was scared of death although I am already too tired to live.

I didn't feel the blade piercing through my skin before it fully cut off my arm. However, I saw my arm flying away, landing somewhere to my left.

Why do I have to protect these people when they mean nothing to me?

Or do they?

Either way, I don't know. The more days I spent in this world the more I want to leave it and just return to my old life to my family and friends. And just forget anything about what happened and look at Naruto as nothing more than a TV show for teenagers.

The familiar scent of iron was back in my nerves as I watch the man swing his sword towards me, aiming for my neck. Death knocked on my door several times, maybe this time it will turn the knob for me.

It didn't enter to my disappointment. The familiar green-colored knee-length jacket fluttered before me as I hear a hawk screeching from above. A strong gush of snow washed against me and I stood agape when the person I was expecting the least landed from the sky.

"Kyuuji...sensei...?"

He had the enemy's sword locked in between his gloved palm, gripping it hard enough to shatter the sword into thousand fragments.

"You're...Ryuugai--! Kuagrh!"

Kyuuji mercilessly clenched his right hand against his face, destroying his mask, revealing a bloody mess behind. He disfigured his face to the point that I could see one of his eyes popping out of its socket as he snapped his cheekbones.

Someone caught me in their arms when I fell back while I held my shoulder tightly to stop the bleeding. My breathing hitched every time I hear a crack. I have killed a lot of people even torturing them until they die but, this man was far worse than I am.

I gasped for air while staring in horror at Kyuuji whose bare hands ripped the man's arms and legs out of their joints, dividing his body into five parts. He let out a content sigh afterward and I could make out a pleased grin on his face.

He dropped the man on the ground while still making sure that he was barely breathing. His dark hazel eyes met mine once he turned around, his eyes traveling on my missing arm.

"You are really a weak-hearted one.", he stated and I looked down in shame.

He crouched down on his knee and I could hear him click his tongue on the roof of his mouth. The sound of thousand birds resonated in my ear and I looked back seeing several men get blasted out of the forest before tree branches locked them in place.

"Sasuke, make sure that she doesn't move."

Kyuuji abruptly touched my shoulder holding me in place, as he pull a wooden rectangular box out of his green cloak. I could see Sasuke nodding in return, unusually quiet.

"L...Lhexi...y-your arm...--", I heard Sakura's worried voice suddenly get cut off by Kyuuji.

"Sakura was it?", he asks and my female teammate shakingly bobbed her head.

"Get her arm and wrap it in a towel, we can still reattach it as long as we arrive on Konoha on time.", he stated, flickering his finger on the syringe and the needle sprinkled white liquid in the air, injecting me the liquid.