Chapter 40

"That's fucking hilarious!", laughed Anko as she smack her knees multiple times infront of the wood style user. "You were attacked? And those bitches died?!"

Tenzou couldn't bare the urge to facepalm as he listen to Anko who couldn't do anything but, laugh. She abruptly stopped when she shoved her fist in her mouth. Frankly she doesn't care who died as long as she's alive, that's all that matters.

"You done?"

She nodded, massaging her jaw a little. "So what did you call me here for?"

She picked a dango stick, chewing into one, blinking her eyes at the male before her.

"Can you assess this seal?"

Anko bit into another dango as she observe the red piece of wood on the table. Small but readable kanji written on the other side.

She picked up the piece, flicking her tounge before dropping it.

"And why the hell would you come to me? I'm not a fuinjutsu specialist."

"That person's chakra was completely invisible. No one even noticed that he passed through the barriers. Perhaps it could have been because of his oni mask.", his eyes drooped halfway thinking about his previous encounter. "And his skills are superb."

The woman raised an eyebrow before sighing. "I get it dude. But, why me? Look, I'm the last person you would confront about this."

Tenzou clasped his hands, interwining his fingers as he rest his chin on his thumbs.

"Orochimaru."

Lightning striked Anko like a thunderstorm as her fingers shaked a little.

"Shut the fuck up. Don't even get started talking about that bastard."

His brown eyes looked even more serious at the terrified Anko who subconsciously placed her hand on her neck. "The seals were similar to the documents found on his laboratory where he had been researching about the Uzumaki Clan."

She laid her back against the chair, fingers tapping on the table. "I get it. So, probably one of Orochimaru's henchmen did it." She threw her hands in the air, trying to look even more sarcastic.

"No. One of us."

"Don't fuck with me. You serious?"

Tenzou nodded before looking down. Closing his eyes in the process of remembering the gaze of wrath and resentment he received that day. Anko rested her chin on her knuckles, interested and troubled.

"Perhaps we should recheck chunins and jonins in our village...?", she asked, a little bit unsure.

"A single traitor could bring the whole village down.", he whispered.

Her eyes narrowed at Tenzou who looked extremely bothered and uneasy. "Jeez. So you came to me to assess this fucking seal so, I can narrow down the suspects to find our very sweet and kind comrade."

He rubbed the back of his head forcing a fake smile.

"You know Orochimaru better than me and you can easily pinpoint what type of people he would manipulate.", he tilted his head a little to the side, quickly dodging the stick that was thrown at his face. "So, any guess?"

He watched her lips curl into a smirk, thinking of something rather someone amusing.

"Anko-san?"

She leisurely watched the lizard wiggle out of the wooden stick that attached its tail against the wall. "I can only know of a very interesting little one. That damn purple maggot."