Chapter 44

Five Years Ago

Kakashi silently read his book, his attention away from the wound on his shoulder that was getting treated at the moment. Apparently, an ice shard was just pulled from his scapula barely thirty minutes ago with the use of painkillers of course.

"Hey, Kakashi. Can't you really take your eyes of those perverted books of yours for one minute?", Guy frowned as he crosses his arms.

"I don't really have anything to do anyway.", he replied, flipping to another page.

"Huh?! Then! Battle me! Kakashi!", Guy exclaimed showing off his toothy grin as he points at himself with his thumb.

"Uhm...would you please keep it down inside the hospital, there are other patie--", the poor girl's tiny voice was buried by the green beast's exploding enthusiasm.

"Don't get so lousy right now! I still have to get my pay back for losing to you last time!"

The silver-haired sighed tiredly, not really in the mood for games. "And? What are we competing in?"

Guy joyously twirled around before flipping out a box of cards. "Let's play Hanafuda!"

"Sir..."

Kakashi sweat dropped before burying his nose between the pages of the book. "I'm not really in the mood right now..."

"C'mon Kakashi! If I lose, I will do twenty thousand push ups!", Guy punched the air with excitement and his best friend watched him with a bored expression.

"Isn't that too exaggerating?"

"There's no thrill if I don't challenge myself!", Guy proudly screamed.

The nurse had enough, she barely had any sleep for three whole days because of the constant changing of her night shifts with the never-ending flood of injured patients. And the doctors are irritating her nonstop by dumping most minor work on her but, she can't do anything because this was her job.

"WILL YOU PLEASE LEAVE NOW...?! YOUR FRIEND IS JUST FUCKING FIVE STEPS AWAY FROM YOU AND PEOPLE FROM OVER A MILE CAN DEFINITELY HEAR YOUR VOICE! WE HAVE EARDRUMS TOO! YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE HERE...! DO YOUR JOB OUTSIDE AND I WILL DO MINE INSIDE...! GET IT...?!", she deserved an applause for even showing the way out to Guy as he squeaked a small "yes ma'am".

Kakashi rubbed the back of her head muttering a quick apology. "Sumimasen...! You see my friend is just too eccentric but, he's a good guy. Please spare him...", he bowed as he sweat buckets.

'Women are scary...! This is why I don't wanna get a married.'

The nurse breathed a sigh of relief as she shut the door close with a heavy bang. "Hatake-san, your wounds have been successfully treated. However, you are required to rest for a few weeks at home and please prevent from exercising or eating any spicy food.", she wrote something on her check board, ripping the piece of paper giving it to the startled Jonin. "The hospital recommends you to drink the medicines prescribed by the doctor to further sped up your recovery. It will take a week at the bare minimum before you can train and do missions again."

Kakashi swiftly glanced at the paper on his hand as the lady place a few bottles filled with capsules on the side table. "Ah-Hai, arigatou."

"For today, rest still on your bed. You are discharged tomorrow morning. Please call the staffs if you have any problems or worries.", she walked through the door, sliding it open before looking back. "And, I'm also fan of the series.", she smiled as she winked before finally leaving the room.

Kakashi was stupefied for one second before he rested his body on the bed. He laid his book flat on his stomach as he covers his eyes with his free arm. The atmosphere suddenly went gloomy and sullen, his soft breaths underneath his mask echoing inside.