Chapter 23- Run Run Run

Alexa's POV

Run. That was what my mind was telling me but, I couldn't move an inch. I was still, my body frozen in place. I would rather spend another day under Guy-sensei's hellish drill, rather than with this man. For some reason, I couldn't tolerate him like with Asuma or Kurenai. Well, he killed my mother and the rest of the clan members right in front of me.

Although his face was well hidden under his mask, I could tell the difference of his cold expression from back then to him now who looked even lazier and relaxed than Shika. He's too good at hiding his intentions.

"Alexa, right?"

I clenched my fists tightly. I don't have Naruto here, who could help me with the involuntary shaking of my body or someone else like Itsuki who would embrace me in his arms to distract me.

He smiled through his mask and my eyes were clouded with the memories of the past. I shut them close, forcing every inch of my mind to lock away those tragic memories that hunt me down up to this time.

"Can we talk?"

The alleyway was dark and secluded I hoped someone would appear beside this man, be it anyone. A big part of me wanted him to disappear and wished his appearance was just caused by my insane mind.

"Alexa?"

The street light flickered off and I couldn't see anything except for the halfmoon barely seen due to the clouds. The moment the light turned back on; he was already right in front of me, one step away. I yelped and I staggered backwards.

"I just want to talk about something.", he started, his hands in his pocket. I remained quiet trying my best not to do anything rash. He waited for a reply to receive nothing and he heaved a sigh. "Look. I don't know what kind of grudge you hold against me but, don't worry I'm not gonna hurt you or anything."

'He knew.'

His words caused me to take another step away. He narrowed his eyes at my actions before he understood that we were at a very close proximity so he took a couple of steps backwards.

"I'm Hatake Kakashi, and I'm pretty sure you already know me."

My body was tense as I nod my head. He smiled probably because I finally conversed with him although non-verbal.

"I noticed your suspicious actions from the past couple of days so, I want to clarify something."

My breathing hitched.

"Why?"

This one question raced a lot of answers in my mind.

'Because you killed my mother, my cousins, my clan members. Because you attempted to finish me off. Because you were one of the people who took away my childhood. Because you took everything away from me. Because I'm afraid you would kill me.'

I could go on and on but, my fear towards him only grew stronger. It was a good thing, no one was aware of my true identity. Or he would kill me on the spot or maybe he would right now if I don't answer his question. I looked down, taking my right hand in my left.

"You seem quite disturb."

If I stay here any longer, I think I'm gonna go crazy. I took a step back then another, I don't care of what his thinking about me right now because all I want is to get away from here. I turned around then began running as fast as I can as if my life depended on it. I have to run away so, I'll live. I ignored his shouts and protests.

My body hurts. Tired from all the training early this day and now I'm running again? I went pass through streets and alleyways, not really quite aware of where I was going. All I want to do now is run. Run from my fear.