0.0

morning runs, she hated morning runs. god why would anyone torture themselves into running in the morning? because they're psychopathic? no one in their right minds would do morning runs, especially when her morning runs are at 3am in the morning. actually this was probably her fault entirely.

no one in their right mind would run at 3am for 6 miles forward and back and then call it just a "morning" run. athletic gear in her opinion was completely dog shit. like incredibly dogshit. like god damn, who said "yeah lets give female athletes shit that is freezing in every weather and also is super tight or uncomfortable, that'll be GREAT."

approaching the end of the road, she let out a relieved sigh. stopping and sighing, slightly exhausted but wasn't gonna be caught sweating like an animal. fishing her airpods from her ears and stuffing them into their cases, she stretched her back, the popping of her spine soothing her back pain.

yawning, she continued back into the dorm building, swiping the entry card and walking in. "morning cathy," the night class students greeted her. smiling a nod to them, she waved and made her way up the floors through the elevator.

pushing open the dorm door, you knock on the door of the room closest to the entrance. "wake up you have class in 20." she shouted, heading to the kitchen to throw some food together. after cutting an avocado open and nearly slicing her finger open, she slid the slices of avocado over the peanut butter on the piece of toast and bit in.

piping some whipped cream in her mouth and started shaking her protein shaker aggressively as her roommate emerged from the depths of their room. "you're literally a psychopath to have the energy to be this noisy." they spat opening the fridge and grabbing an entire container of cake.

"you know that's not the greatest thing to eat in the morning-" she pointed as she watched them dig in with no regret. "at least wash your face, your drool is on your cheek." tsking as they rolled their eyes. "i have shifts after class and i am not gonna be having a fantastic time now am i cath?"

waving a hand of apology, she smiled, "just remember to eat a balanced meal shortcake, i got to hit the rink in a few so i'll see you" holding up a piece sign as she continued to drink from her shaker as she proceeded to her room.

...

the cold feeling against her legs made her smile. clicking her skates against the ice. clasping her hands far behind her back, she kicked herself forward. skating around the rink to warm up her muscles. opening her arms to glide into her choreograph.

locking her eyes onto the empty stands as they meshed into full ones. closing her eyes for a slight second, the image of the crowd made her powered as she brought her together and glided into position.

skating forward as her muscle memory kicked in. weeks of practice waited for this exact moment. starting on the edge of her skate and jumping into several flips. the last one upcoming before her balanced stumbled causing her to skate forward and fall to the side with a hard landing.

laying there as her body felt cold, consuming the temperature of the frigid ice. putting a fist on the ice and hitting it out of anger and sorrow. "damn it." she hissed, lifting herself up by her free hand into a sitting position.

a stinging feeling came from her arm as it left the ice. scowling from the crash landing. touching her arm only to feel its surface be a mix of rigid and scraped. "shit." standing up from the ice, a slight limp fell on her leg as she slowly skated to the edge of the rink.

"well isn't that embarrassing huh." shooting up the voice, the familiar face of her best friend made her roll her eyes. "leave it choi, you get injured every week." waving a dismissive hand towards her. "well its more harmful if you can injured isn't it queen frost."