Worst Christmas Ever (But You Made It a Little Better)

Start from the beginning

"Hey..." Cady finally said with a big sigh, gently leaning into Janis. "I'm sorry... I spilled your coffee..."

"It's fine Peanut." Janis chuckled, as she wrapped her arms around Cady's waist.

"But it was your favourite... Irish cold brew."

"Wrong. You're my favourite." Janis said giving Cady a little squeeze, making Cadys tensed muscles relax the tiniest bit.

They stayed like this for a while until Cady remembered something.

"Janis?"

"Mh?"

"Can I take off my Jacket now?" Cady chuckled and Janis begrudgingly pulled away.

"Yeah, right. Imma make some hot chocolate." she smiled, making her way to the kitchen.

"With extra marshmallows?"

"As always."

------

After the coat has been taken off and the hot chocolate has been made, Cady found herself on the couch, a big mug of the delicious drink in both her hands, wrapped into fuzzy blankets for extra warmth.

She relaxed a little. This was truly the worst day for her. But the warm drink, the quiet Christmas music in the background and most of all Janis presence made it a whole lot more bearable than it was just minutes ago.

"So. What movies do you wanna watch?" She asked, slowly entering the room with her own almost overflowing mug of hot chocolate.

"No horror!" Cady said sternly already sensing Janis idea of a peaceful movie night.

Janis frowned. "But why?"

"It's Christmas. I don't wanna see dumb white people being gutted by a psychopath because of their bad life decisions."

She was referring to their last movie night together. They were watching the saw movies which were utterly disgusting. A great opportunity to cuddle more into her best friend.

"Excuse me?" Janis scoffed. "Saw is about a whole lot more than that!"

"Oh and what exactly?"

Janis paused, glaring at her. Her fingernail was clinking against the ceramic mug in a steady rhythm. "That doesn't matter. The gutting is still the best part."

"Christmas Vacation. The good one."

"Obviously." Janis grumbled as she turned out Netflix on her tv, already stretching her arm out so Cady can cuddle into her side which she gladly did.

And for one moment as the intoxicating smell of peppermint tea and freshly opened paint surrounded her, all the stress of the day just faded away.

------

"Caddie?" Cady got woken up by Janis gentle voice calling her name.

Cady groaned, burying her face into the crook of the taller woman's neck, not ready to wake up from her nap yet. She clung tighter onto Janis mumuring a little 'No'

"Caddie I think you won't like this."

"Then tell me later. Because I like this right now."

There was a moment of silence as they kept laying on the couch. Janis hand was tangled in Cadys hair, gently scratching her scalp, her other arm tightly wrapped around her waist. She placed a kiss on Cady's forehead and suddenly a welcoming feeling of warmth radiated through her making her smile just the tiniest bit. She hoped dearly that Janis couldn't see her blushing.