Chapter 76: Insidious Voices Among the Still Glowing Girl

Insidious Voices Among the Still Glowing Girl

It was still raining heavily the next day. Dark grey clouds hung above, full of rain, and ready to explode. The stars were still shining, though. Lighting up my path for me. Guiding and protecting. Once again I was up on a roof staring down at my latest target.

Another man by the name of Kou Fuse. He was another low life who's name had been whispered by the wind. I heard he was working for a wannabe Dark Wizard.
How desperate was he? Pathetic. Even though this man was not showing that much of a threat, his name still showed up in conversations on the streets.

It was starting to annoy me.

I watched him as he made his way to the same alleyway from before. Hehehe, so...this is where you have all been hiding, eh?
The body of the other guy was already gone. Cleaned up and swept under the rug. No need for an uproar. Clean and simple.

I played with my dagger as I watched Kou press the palm of his hand on the same spot as before. We didn't have to wait long before the brick wall responded to his touch, and slid open with a hiss. Into the secret passage way he went with barely a glance to see if anyone had seen.
Pathetic and stupid.
The wall came back into place, the man disappearing from my sight. I stared at the wall with a menacing glare. I wonder...
I stood up and rolled my shoulders.

Eh, why the hell not?

I jumped down from the roof and stalked over to the wall, sticking to the shadows. My hand raised up, palm facing outward, ready to lay against the cold brink. I hesitated, my hand hovering over the bricks.
What if an alarm sounded?
I would be surrounded in seconds. Not like it's a big matter anyway, I reasoned with myself. I would just be home a little later then expected.

With this in mind, I let out a sigh, and placed my palm on the wall gently. My muscles were tense. Ready to run. Ready to fight. Like I had been trained to do. I wasn't even sure if this was even going to work. I may have very well just enforced my death. Oh, well. Can't be helped now.

I only had to wait for a moment before the wall opened up.

I blinked, surprised that it had revealed its secrets to me, and shrugged my shoulders. Thanks for revealing all you have. I walked in, my eyes on alert, my hearing on high for the smallest, quietest of sounds. My soul nearly ripped itself from my body when music instantly exploded through my sensitive ears. I jerked back and rubbed at my ringing ears. My vision was being flooded with flashing strobe lights.
Blue.
White.
Pink.
Green.
Yellow.
Rainbow.
Repeat.

Squeezing my eyes shut from the powerful flashing lights, I centered myself, steadily calming my heart that was in time with the thumping music. I slowly reopened my eyes, letting them adjust to the new lighting. I scanned the place where I had found myself in. People, hundreds of them, danced underneath the colors of the strobe lights. There was barely any room for any of the dancing bodies to move. That didn't seem to be stopping any of them though.

I can't believe this.

I was in a club.

This was what was behind the so carefully hidden wall?! A club!
This bored and irritated me to no end.
My irritation only heightened when I failed to see my target.
So much for some excitement. I glanced around me. My eyes skated across the lithe dancing bodies to the mini bar against the far wall.
Might as well make up for lost time. I stalked over to the small bar that held many strangely colored drinks. I took my hood off with a flick of my wrist. I ruffled my hair before I sat down at the bar and crossed my legs.