Chapter 53: Love & Friends

Love & Friends

I was warm...

So very warm...

I sighed and snuggled deeper into the warmth. When I moved sharp pain flashed through my stomach. The pain made me open my eyes and I sucked in a sharp breath. My hand went to my stomach and my arm brushed against something soft. I blinked to clear my vision and looked to see what it was.The first thing I saw was cherry blossom. I blinked again and almost burst into tears when my eyes landed on the sleeping form next to me. "Natsu." I croaked out. I cleared my throat and was about to try again when movement to my right caught my eye.

My head whipped around and I scrunched up my face in pain when the cut on my cheek gave a sharp throb. "Stop moving around so much." A male voice told me. I looked over more slowly and relaxed when my eyes landed on Gajeel. He was leaning against the wall chewing on a piece of metal. With a soft groan I leaned back into my pillows. "G-Gajeel...How long have I been out?" I croaked out. He shrugged one shoulder, "A while. Five days, I think." I let out a breath and nodded. I looked to my right and smiled at Natsu, who's head was on my bed while the rest of his body was in a chair.

My heart flipped in my chest when I saw the bandages that he had wrapped around his body. There was a bandage wrapped around his head, there was a small band-Aid on his cheek, and I could see more white bandages that were wrapped around his chest, and stomach. I brought up my hand, and not caring that Gajeel was there, ran my fingers through Natsu's soft hair. He moved his head a little but didn't wake up. I smiled softly and winced when my cheek throbbed from the little movement.

I heard Gajeel tsk, "Baka." My eyes darted to him. "That Salamander." Gajeel shook his head. "When he heard ya scream he took off. I followed cause it seemed like we were the only ones who heard ya." Gajeel chomped on his metal, "We got there too late though. Salamander found your necklace and that was it." Gajeel huffed out an annoyed breath. "I tried to stop the baka, but he wouldn't have it. He told me to tell the Guild and that was it. He was gone."

Gajeel kicked off the wall and turned to face me. "When he came back with ya in his arms...I had never seen him look like what he looked like then. His flames were all over the place. He couldn't control them. He was too pissed off." The Iron Dragon Slayer did that little laugh of his while swallowing the piece of metal. "Gi hi hi, I thought he was going to burn down the whole damn Guild." He shook his head, "Ya didn't look good, Little Fairy. Ya looked dead. The little Dragon Slayer healed ya the best she could but she wasn't sure ya were gonna make it." I sucked in a breath and closed my eyes for a moment.

When I opened them again Gajeel was rubbing the back of his head while looking down. "Everyone was worried. Salamander was going crazy with worry. I think he left scorch marks on the floor from him pacing so damn much. Nearly drove me crazy." He muttered. He crossed his arms across his chest. "I wasn't worried or nothin'." Gajeel said while looking away.

Him and I had never been really close. But, more than once, we had both helped each other. Like real Guild Mates would.
I considered him my friend...and I trusted him.

I smiled, "Gajeel, come here, please." Gajeel huffed and stalked over, "What?" He asked in an annoyed voice. I reached up and wrapped my arm around his neck. "Thank you." I said with a soft smile. I could have sworn I saw his cheeks turn a light shade of pink before he jerked back. "W-whatever..." he muttered. I turned back to Natsu, "I'm gonna tell everyone you're awake," Gajeel said while making his way to the door. "Gajeel...can you give me a moment?" I asked while running my hand through Natsu's hair.

Gajeel grunted out a yes and left. I kept stroking Natsu's hair and I let out a breath of relief. I was so happy that he was okay. I bent my head closer to his and whispered out his name.

"Natsu...Natsu. I want you to wake up now." I said. "Shut...up...Gray..." He mumbled. I chuckled and poked his cheek, "How rude of you to call me 'Gray'." Natsu shifted, sat up, and rubbed his eyes with a yawn that showed off his sharpened canines. He dropped his hands and slowly blinked at me. He tilted his head in the cutest way and his emerald eyes widened. "Freya?" His voice was laced in disbelief. I winked at him and smiled, "You betcha." With a happy shout he wrapped his arms around me and buried his face in my hair. I tensed up and stayed frozen for a moment. My shoulders slumped and tears formed in my eyes.

With a sob I grabbed him and hugged him tight. "I was so scared." I whispered out. That I would never see you again.

Natsu hugged me tighter, "I was scared too. I'm so happy that you're awake." He told me softly. I buried my hand into his hair and wrapped my other arm around his back. I held him as though this was the last time I would ever see him again. And he hugged me the same way. "Arigato...Natsu. Arigato for coming for me." Natsu let out a breath, "I will always come for you." I gulped and my heart almost leaped out of my chest. I loved him. I hugged him tighter if possible. I opened my mouth and mouthed the words. Just to see what they would feel like.

I love you.

I sucked in a breath. My heart was jumping around like crazy. I wondered if he could feel it. I opened my mouth once again. "Natsu...?"

This was it.

I was going to tell him. I needed to tell him. I wasn't afraid anymore. It was time to let someone in. "Mmm?" he hummed. It was like I couldn't breath. I was so scared but strangely happy at the same time. I took another breath, "I-" I was cut off when the door to the infirmary burst open and our friends poured in. I saw everyone. Levy, Gray, (Shirtless as usual), Juvia, Lucy, Gajeel, Pantherlily, Wendy, Carla, Loke, Gramps, even Laxus, and everyone else. Natsu let go of me but stayed as close to me as possible.

There went my chance.

I didn't have anymore time to pounder in the thought or be disappointed before I was surrounded by everyone.
Happy came flying in and practically tackled me. He wrapped his small paws around my neck and buried his head into my chest while sobbing. Everyone either had tears in their eyes or were flat out sobbing. All were smiling. I got hugs from everyone, Levy made Gajeel hug me, but instead he just patted my head, and I laughed.

I smiled at the two of them and imagined them together. I could tease both of them later. Lucy hugged me the longest and she was sobbing. Happy was laying beside me as everyone talked with me.Natsu didn't leave my side and he didn't talk much. He just kept watching me. At last Gramps came in and told me that he was so glad that I was safe. When he said that everyone cheered. Tears were forming in my eyes as I looked at everyone. They...they all cared so much for me and I them.

When the tears finally fell Natsu was at my side at once. "Oi, what's wrong, Fey? Are you hurting?" I shook my head and smiled at him. "No, Natsu. I'm...just so happy." I told him. He looked at me and then smiled a big goofy smile. "Yay, I am, too."