Chapter 57: Attacked

Attacked

I was sleeping peacefully when I heard a thump that made me open my eyes. I yawned and flipped around toward the window. Sitting up I rubbed my eyes, "Natsu...where did you go?" I asked sleepily.

The words barely left my mouth when a hand wrapped around my throat and pushed me onto the bed. I gasped and my hands instantly went to my attackers hand.

As I fought for breath I could finally see my attacker. His face was hidden behind a dark cloak but I could see his eyes.

His eyes were a dark shade of brown. They were almost black. I growled and tried to reach up and scratch him. His grip on my throat tightened and I gagged. I couldn't breath. I fought desperately against his hold but I couldn't break his strong grip.

I reached to my neck and grabbed hold of my necklace. Before I could call for my daggers and go to town on this guy. He grabbed my necklace and ripped it off my neck. Without looking he chucked it out the window and I watched it as it went through.

I stared wide-eyed at the man...he knew...about my power... I was losing concisions fast. In a last ditch effort I tried to bring up my leg to kick him. He must have known what I was about to do cause he put more pressure on my legs with his own.

My body began to relax and my hands stopped clawing at his hand. All I could do was stare into those dark eyes of his. He was going to kill me... A brilliant light broke through my darkening vision and the man went flying back.

I gasped and rolled off the bed. I hit the ground and wrapped my hands around my aching throat. I looked up to see a figure with his fists on fire exchanging blows with the man who had tried to kill me.

I kept trying to gasp in air but it seemed like I couldn't get enough. As I watched the two fight, one flaming fist connected with the other guy's face, and he staggered back toward the window.

The man spun and leapt out the window before the boy could do anything. The boy's flaming fists went out as he ran to me and dropped to his knees beside me, "Freya! Are you okay?"

"Natsu..." I gasped out.

"I'm here." I heard him say as he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me to his chest. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have left." I sucked in another breath, "Where did you go?" I croaked out.

"I was going to get us something to eat for in the morning." He muttered as he tightened his grip. "Natsu, h-he threw my necklace." I felt like sobbing. What if he had taken it with him when he escaped? I would never find it.

"You mean this?" Natsu asked, reaching into his pocket, and pulling out a necklace with a blue dagger on it. I stared at it for a moment and then smiled. "Thank you, Natsu!" I said happily as I reached for it. But he moved it out of my reach. "Let me put it on for you." He said. I blinked but nodded.

I lifted my hair away from my burning neck for him. As he was putting the necklace on for me, I kept staring at the window.

What if he came back?

I heard the little snap of the clasp and was about to stand up to thank him again. When his warm hands gently touched my throat. "Fey, are you sure you're okay?" He asked close to my ear.

It made me shiver.

"Y-yay, I'm fine, Natsu." I told him while I scrambled off the floor. I mumbled another thank you and walked to the window. I slammed it shut and locked it. I glanced out and when I didn't see anything I turned back around.

I almost rammed straight into Natsu's chest. "Ack! Don't do that!" I half whispered half shouted at him. He could be so damn quiet when he wanted to be. "Freya, lets get out of this hotel."