Chapter 3: Gajeel Redfox

Gajeel Redfox

"Jackass!" I nearly screeched. I touched my necklace and nearly called for my daggers. I stopped myself when I looked back at Levs. She was sitting with Gajeel now...she looked happy. I sucked in a calming breath. I had been introduced to Gajeel all right...it didn't go over so well. I was still seething. But, Levs looked happy, and that's all that really mattered. Even though I wanted to go over there and kick his ass!

Jerk! I ran my fingers through my hair. It was strange. Gajeel had been so rude to me...but then when Levy had told him to be nice...he had. Well he had tried. I marveled at how such a small girl could stand up to someone as powerful as him. When Levy was next to him, she looked so small, and powerless. At probably over six feet he towered over Levs and I. Even though I was a couple of feet away from him. I could still feel his Magic. He was a strong one. I closed my eyes and thought back to what I had learned about him.

I didn't know much about him. Of course I knew that he was an Iron Dragon Slayer. I had got that much from Mira. But when I had asked for more, she had just looked away. The only other information she had given me was that Gajeel had not always been a good person. But, that he was now and that he belonged in the Fairy Tail family.

I had known that she was hiding something major from me. So, I had asked Levy. When I had asked her, her eyes had darted away from me. She asked me to not get to mad and I had promised.

Then she told me.

She had barely stopped me from going over there to him. Levs had put a hand on my shoulder and when I had looked over my shoulder at her, she was smiling. I was confused by her reaction. So I had asked why she had that bright smile on her face. Levy replied by saying that she was happy that I cared for her.

I had tensed up.

'Care for someone?' I had said in disbelief.

Levs, still with that bright smile on her face, had nodded.

'Its strange, Fey-chan, my feelings. But...things just happen! You don't get to chose who you fall for. Your heart chooses for you. You get it?'

I had stared at her. How could she say those things? How could she not want revenge?

I looked back at the two of them now. Gajeel was leaning back in his chair with his arms crossed over the back of his head. He looked annoyed...but he was paying attention to Levy. He wasn't taking his eyes off of her. I smiled at the two of them.

They would be just fine.

Levy looked back at me and smiled. I nodded my head at her and turned around.

Take care of her, Gajeel.

I think I get it, Levs...I think I get it...

I looked over at the Request Board and walked over to it. I think it was about time to pick my first job.