eleven

*3pov*
Evelyn was not entertained when it came to social studies. She couldn't sit still, couldn't focus, and she just wanted to go home. "Tesoro, ti suggerisco di prestare attenzione se non vuoi affrontare una punizione quando torniamo a casa, capisci?(baby, i suggest you better pay attention if you don't want to face a punishment when we get home, understood?)" Giovanni mumbled, not loud but not quite either.

She grumbled.

"Evelyn Mae, vuoi parlare?(Evelyn Mae, you wanna speak up?)" He asked, not wanting to get into an argument with her. "Sono annoiato, Gio. gli studi sociali non sono divertenti.(im bored, Gio. social studies is not fun.)" She whined. Kai looked over and slapped her thigh, not to hard, just enough to get her attention.

"Amore mio, sono abbastanza sicuro che Gio ti abbia appena chiesto di prestare attenzione. Quindi per favore presta attenzione altrimenti verrai seriamente punito una volta tornati a casa.(my love, im pretty sure Gio just asked you to pay attention. so please pay attention otherwise you seriously will get punished once we get home.)" Kai sternly mumbled. Evelyn wanted to whine again but decided to nod. She still fidgeted around, but
nevertheless payed attention.

•••
Evelyn ran into the house with Kai and Giovanni following shortly after her. She rushed to the kitchen where sure enough Matteo sat drinking water. "Tteo!" Evelyn squealed and jumped into his arms after he put his cup down. Matteo chuckled. "Hi principessa(princess)." He mumbled.

She looked up at him, "can I have a snack?" She asked. Matteo looked behind his sister and looked at Kai and Giovanni. "Did she finish her lunch? Did she behave well?" He asked. "She ate all of her food without being told. She did have to be told once to pay attention but she did good." Kai answered. Giovanni hummed in agreement. Matteo looked at her with his eyebrow raised.

He finally sighed and gave in, moving away from Evelyn to get her snack. He reached a cupboard that she couldn't reach and pulled out a brownie before handing it to her. She took it with a small, "thank you" and sat down at the table.

It wasn't long before Antonio walked in with Henry trailing behind him. "Hi squirt, how was school?" Antonio asked. Evelyn looked up at him, "it was fun but social studies is soooo boring!" She complained. Henry shook his head in amusement while Antonio chuckled.

"When does Alexandro get home?" Henry asked, looking at Matteo who was refilling his cup. "He should be home soon, actually." Was the response. Evelyn finished her brownie and walked to the sink to wash her hands. After she took her shoes off in the doorway of the kitchen and ran to her room.

Antonio had a questioning look on his face as he watched her leave the room. "What's wrong with bug today?" He questioned. "She said when she got home she wanted to go to sleep, I guess she wasn't lying." Kai answered with a surprised look on his face. Giovanni chuckled and took care of her shoes and book bag she left at the kitchen table.

Kai looked at the others with his hands up in the air, "I'm gonna go take a nap too. Sounds nice after being in a school filled with immature, smelly teenagers." He grinned before quietly making his way up the stairs.

"He's going into her room, isn't he?" Antonio asked, looking st Henry and Matteo for an answer. "Yep." "Most definitely." Giovanni managed to sneak past them and rushed after his lovers to her room.

When Giovanni opened her door she was already asleep on her bed with Kai sitting against the headboard, playing with her hair. Kai looked up at him and smiled, "common love, come join us, yeah?" He asked but it didn't sound like a question. Giovanni slipped his shoes off and layed on the other side of Evelyn, pulling her to his chest and let out a sigh of content.

If he could choose them or his family who he never met he'd choose them, over and over again. They were his family, his world and he wouldn't have it any other way.

(sorry its a short chapter)