two

*evelyn*
I walked into school and was immediately met with the crowds of scuola(school). I pushed my way through the crowds and put my stuff that I didn't need inside my locker. Once the first bell rang I made my way to my class. Matematica(math). Yay. Not really. I hate math.

I sat down in my usual seat and just stared at my desk quietly. Everyone started loading inside the room and took their assigned seats. The teacher Signore Deluca(Mr.Deluca) walked in and immediately got to business.

In the middle of class Mr. Deluca got interrupted by the phone ringing. "Ms. Knight? You're wanted in the office." He informed. I nodded slowly and grabbed my bag. I walked through the empty halls until I made it to the office, where the principal Mr. Kirts awaits.

I pushed the door open and he looked up, a man sat across from him. "Ah. Ms. Knight I assume?" He asked. I nod shyly. He motioned me to sit down next to the man beside me, so I complied and sat down.

He leaned forward to get a closer to look at me before continuing. "Your grandparents were found this morning.. They were in a car accident. I'm so sorry but it was too late." He said, sympathy filled his brown eyes. I casted my glance to the floor and glared at it.

Why is it that everyone leaves me? I looked up again, my eyes filling up with tears at a fast pace. "Where will I go?" I asked the question I was dreading. "You will go home with your brother." He said, gesturing to the man next to me.

I looked over and my eyes immediately locked onto light blue ones. The light blue once that I know all too well. Alexandro. I look back at Mr. Kirt with a straight face. "I'm an only child. Sorry to disappoint but this is not my brother." I said, venom filled my voice.

Mr. Kirk's eyes widened in surprise at the sound of my voice but I didn't care. I am not going anywhere with him. He abandoned me all those years ago too. I don't forgive him. I won't. Ever. I got picked on so many times just for not having parents, or brothers. I got picked on for living with my nona and papa. Who are now dead. They told me, no promised me that they wouldn't leave me. I guess promises are meant to be broken because thats all that I receive. Broken promises.

With that I grabbed my bag and rushed out of the building, and ran towards my home. As I ran I saw the house and I pushed myself to go faster. I pushed the door open harshly and looked around. Everything was in the same place as this morning.

I walked into the family room where a picture of my parents and brothers were and out of anger I threw it off the table it was sitting on. I looked down at the picture. All of them smiling without a care in the world while a toddler no older than three sat in the middle of them all with a big smile. Her green eyes shined and were so bright. What happened now? Them abandoning me.

I wiped my tears harshly and whipped my arm across the table making all the 'family' photos fall to the floor, the sound of glass breaking filled my ears. I rushed towards the kitchen and ripped the pictures of 'my family' off yhe fridge and grabbed a lighter. I set the photos in the sink and lit them on fire.

Just watching them burn. They deserve to burn. I don't care for them anymore. I'm not hurt by this anymore. By the time I was done taking my anger out, I destroyed the house. The only thing that wasn't destroyed was a family photo. It was my nona, papa, my brothers, parents and myself at the age of three. The picture was taken before they choose to abandon me.

I turn around and was met with my three older brothers, looking at my childhood home in absolute shock. They cast their gaze towards me but my face remains emotionless. "What the scopata.(fuck)" Was all Alexandro said. I shrugged and grabbed my bags I had already packed before I destroyed the house I grew up in.

"L'ha fatto tutto da sola?(she did this all by herself?)" Antonio asked, eyes wide. I met his eyes and glared. "Yes. I did. Problem?" I ask coldly. "You know italian?" Matteo questioned. I groan. "No, I'm speaking spanish. What did you expect? Living with Nona and Papa I wouldn't learn Italian?" I sarcastically mumbled.

"Evelyn... I know you're angry but please calm down," Antonio held his hands up, walking up to me slowly. I flinched back and shook my head. "You don't get to make decisions for me. That ended as soon as you left me here while you all got to go home and actually have their parents by their side. Do you know how much shit I went through because I lived with nona and papa? No? I was told to kill myself multiple times because I was not wanted by my own family!" I fumed.

He nodded, eyes filled with pain. "I know-" "No you don't know! You got to be raised exactly how I wanted to! You have no clue what it's like having your parents send nona and papa family pictures of you guys without me in them. I was so heartbroken. You guys left me! You guys abandoned me just as much as James and Maggie did." I broke down.

"I mean you left me! You left me alone! How could you do that?! I was three!" I yelled, tears still streaming down my face. I picked up the last family photo I was ever in and held it up to them. "You guys broke and killed this happy little girl. She is gone and she can't come back!" I softly cried in frustration, all the emotions I pushed down for years finally started spilling.

Matteo looked away, eyes filled with tears. Antonio looked at the broken glass on the floor while Alexandro was quietly sobbing, head thrown back and his shoulders shaking with each sob escaping his mouth.

"Mi dispiace sorellina(im sorry little sister)." Antonio said. I went to question what he meant but before I could a man around Antonio's age walked in. "What?" I asked, looking between my brothers avoiding the intimidating man's eyes. Another man, maybe younger that the first one walked in behind him, looking maybe just as intimidating.

"They are going to help you pack your things, while we talk. I want your stuff packed, and ready by the time we are done. If it's not than it shall all be left here. Clear?" Alexandro asked, his Italian accent seeping through with each word spoken.

I nod and walk past everyone at a fast pace and practically sprint up the stairs. I open my door and dart into my closet, grabbing all my suitcases. I set them on my bed before I walked over to my dresser, and throwing clothes into them.

•••
When I was all packed after the most awkward and tense moment in my room, I walked downstairs with two suit cases in my hand while the two scary men carried the rest. There my brothers stood, tall and confident watching as I walked down the stairs.

"Got everything?" Antonio asked. I nodded, not wanting to talk to them anymore.