Chapter Sixteen: The Panic Within The Harrisons.

Start from the beginning

"Nothing can ever come between us." The note said. Maria chuckled and bit her lower lip. She hopes so. She doesn't want anything to come between her and Silas ever again as well. She put the note back on the dressing table before she gets on her feet with the help of her crutches and went inside the washroom to take a shower as well as change into her regular clothes.

When Maria walked out, she had the most beautiful sight in front of her. Her heart swell when she saw Silas laying shirtless on his side of the bed with Ezra sleeping on his bare chest. She smashed her lips together and placed her hand on her chest. She wishes her life remain this way – regular and peaceful. The sound of her crutches hitting the floor softly woke Silas up, he wasn't completely asleep yet but he was near. It was a tiring day for him.

He slowly lifts his head. His eyes were red from waking up. He blinked as he saw Maria making her way to the bed, "Hey, sorry. Did I wake you up?" She asked as she slowly sat on the bed – making sure not to make more sound to wake the sleeping baby up. Silas looked down at Ezra and smiled before he looked back at her, "No, you didn't. I wasn't sleeping yet." He whispered.

Maria smiled and pushed herself closer to Silas. She placed her hand on side of his face and softly kissed his lips, "Thank you," She whispered into his lips.

Silas grinned, "For making sure that Ezra is asleep so that we could finally have some time together? You are welcome," He chuckled and pecked on her lips.

Maria snickered and playfully rolled her eyes, "Sure," She shrugged and pointed towards the dressing table, "But also, thank you for leaving that note for me. It was very sweet of you," She said.

Silas confusingly chuckled, "What note?" He asked pinching his eyebrows together. He doesn't remember leaving any note for Maria. Maria rolled her eyes at her husband. "Funny," She mumbled with a chuckle as she playfully slapped his shoulder. Maria was thinking that he was being silly with her, but she didn't realize that Silas was truly confused. He doesn't remember leaving her any notes. He thought about it for a second, before he felt soul leaving his body.

"Um, babe – will you please take Ezra? I need to get some water from downstairs," He mumbled numbly as he slowly passed Ezra to Maria, who gladly took the baby in her own arms. She was completely unaware of the panic that was stirring inside her husband.

Silas quickly stepped off the bed and moved to the dressing table. While going from Silas to Maria, Ezra's sleep was slightly disturbed, causing the baby to break into sobs. Maria cooed the baby and rocked him back and forth while Silas saw the note on the dresser. Maria was so engrossed with her baby that she didn't see how Silas went pale when he unfold the note and read the words on it. He quickly looked around the room, to see if anything else was out of place – but everything seemed the same to him.

Silas crumpled the paper in his fist and flared his nostrils. He didn't leave this note for Maria, but he has an idea who did and the fact that this man was able to get into his house was enough for Silas to panic. What if he is still inside the house – hiding somewhere? He wondered. "Maria, stay in the room. I will be right back, okay?" He instructed her. Maria bewilderedly looked at her husband, who without even listening to her rushed out of the room. Maria realized that something was wrong but before she could ask Silas – he was gone.

Silas checked around the house. There was not one room or even a single space he left unchecked. He even went down to the basement of his new house. Every window was closed, so were the doors. Nothing seemed out of place. Nothing was broken – Silas couldn't understand how did Sean get into his house. He was frantically looking everywhere – if he sees Sean on his property – he will kill him. Silas never thought Sean would get this dangerous. His obsession with Maria was going to hurt his family and Silas cannot let it happen.

Silas quickly took his phone out and dialed Marcus's number while he search the kitchen. Marcus picked up on the third bell. His elder brother sighed, "If you think you can be a cockblocker, Silas, then I must tell you – your nieces beat you to it," Marcus dully spoke.

Silas's eyes were looking around – they halted the wandering when Silas noticed a green post-it note on the back door of Silas's house that opens to his backyard. He slowly walked closer to it and pulled it down. "Scared? You should be." It said in bold letters. Silas's eyes teared up as he let out a shaky breath.

"Silas?" Marcus called out his brother. The smile that was on Marcus's face quickly fell off when he heard Silas's quick breaths. He knew something was wrong. "What's wrong?" Marcus asked as he glanced at Charlie feeding Ella while Kathie was sitting beside them playing with her toys. Marcus casually walked out of the room – he didn't let the panic he was feeling display on his face.

Silas took in a deep breath, "He was here, Marcus. That bastard was in my house." Silas gritted through his teeth while he crumpled the other note in his hand as well.

"You are amazing," Elizabeth was breathing heavily as she lay naked over Leo. Leo lowly chuckled and kissed her forehead that had beads of sweat forming on it. He pulled the sheet over both of them and pulled her closer to him. He once again kissed her head, "Are you hungry?" Leo asked her.

"I am starving!" She groaned. Leo smiled. She always is after mind-blowing sex. "I also need to pee," She wrinkled her nose and quickly stepped off the bed – completely naked. Leo couldn't help but stare at her – he could never get enough of her. Elizabeth noticed and winked at him, "Take a picture, babe. And after that – please order me some food!" She said to him before she rushed inside the washroom.

Leo chuckled and shook his head – he loved how perky she is. He never thought he would ever get with someone so effervescent – especially when she comes from a family he dislikes – or disliked. He might still feel uncomfortable around the Harrisons, but he doesn't despise them anymore. He is getting used to them. He sighed and laid back on the bed and waited for Elizabeth to come out. He wants to ask her what did she want to eat.

He laid back and tugged his hand under his head as he recalled Elizabeth's words. She thought Leo was very quiet today, and he had his reasons to be. He closed his eyes and recalled the conversation between Marcus and Silas he heard when the brothers didn't think anyone was around, but Leo was in the bathroom.

"Did you hear again from him? Leo heard Marcus speak. Leo dried his hands with the towel and was about to walk out when he heard Silas reply – his words made Leo halt and listen to their conversation.

"No, but I am scared he will find a way to get to Maria." Silas sounded agitated. "I swear if he hurt her – I will –"

"Hey, he will not get to her, okay? Maybe he knew about your marriage and maybe he decided to back off?" Marcus suggested. Leo brought his eyebrows together – he couldn't understand whom they were talking about, but just the fact that they were talking about his sister stirred up trepidation in him.

Silas scoffed, "He is Sean, Marcus. He will not back off so easily. He didn't back off when we had Ezra. That bastard even tried to manipulate Alice! Marriage doesn't mean anything to him. He has his eyes on Maria and I am afraid he will do whatever it takes to snatch her from me. He will not stop even if he hurts Maria in the process," Silas replied. Leo felt like something stuck in his throat. Sean? Was Silas talking about the same Sean, who Ruby used to keep Maria away from Silas?

Leo wanted to know more but just then Elizabeth walked into the room, "Hey, have you guys seen Leo?" She asked them. Leo cursed under his breath – if he goes out now – they will know he was eavesdropping.

"No, why?" It was Marcus who replied.

"He said he was going to use the bathroom." He heard her speak before he heard a clap, "Anyway, what are you doing here?! Your guests are waiting for you! Come on! And Silas, you! Maria is looking for you. Please look after Ezra while we help Charlie get ready." Elizabeth urged Marcus and Silas. Leo let out a sigh of relief – that's his girl. Thankfully, Elizabeth took the two brothers out of the room which gave Leo the liberty to walk out of the bathroom.

Leo couldn't focus through the ceremony or the reception – he just couldn't get Silas and Marcus's conversation off his head. Was his sister in danger? God, he hopes not