Epilogue

Ten years later.
-----------

Kaylee Adams tucked her four-year daughter, Carly Nicole Adams, in bed and kissed her goodnight. Carly had already fallen asleep. She came out of the bedroom and quietly closed the door. Trying not to wake her angel. She then went to her six-year-old son, Kacy Corey Adams's bedroom. He was sitting on the couch playing video games.

"Honey, it's time for bed," Kaylee advised Kacy.

He pouted, slightly. "Mom, I'm not ready to go to sleep."

"Kacy, it's your bedtime, sweetheart. End of discussion." Kaylee stated firmly as she turned off the monitor. She looked at him and shook her head. She knew that he can be very stubborn at times.

He went and lay on the bed and she tucked him in as she planted a kiss on his cheek.

"Do you want mommy to read you a bedtime story?"

He looked at her and shook his head, no.

"Okay, baby. Goodnight. I love you." Kaylee said while turning off the bedside lamp.

"Good night, mom." He mumbled.

"Aren't you going to tell me that you love me?" Kaylee asked with a smile on her face.

"I love you, mom." He mumbled, turning his face away to avoid looking at her. He was not happy because he wanted to stay up late and play video games.

"Okay, honey." She ruffled his hair and watched as he slowly fell asleep. She came out of the bedroom and went to take a shower.

Kacy Adams

Carly Adams

Carly Adams

Corey was performing at a live concert at one of his clubs out of town

Corey was performing at a live concert at one of his clubs out of town. Kaylee didn't feel like going. She wanted to spend time with her children. She was hardly home because she was now Corey's manager again. His previous manager had resigned because he had to move back to his country.

The kids had a babysitter but Kaylee didn't like being away from her kids. She and Corey had gotten married eight years ago in a small ceremony held in Malibu on Kaylee's birthday. He had proposed to her a year earlier at his birthday party in New York City.