Prologue

Corey made a toast to his father, Jonathan and Jonathan's fiance, Ari. He didn't like Ari but he accepted her because he saw that she made his father happy. His mom died when he was only seven years old. She committed suicide. She was struggling for years with mental health issues. Sometimes he blamed his father for not doing more to help her.

He felt tipsy because he had drunk way too many glasses of champagne. He went outside to get some fresh air. His cell phone rang and he took it out of his pocket to see that it was, Vanessa, his ex-girlfriend calling him. He ignored the call. He had caught her in bed with one of the producers. He dumped her and was now moving on with his life. He tried his best not to sleep with any one of the groupies who threw themselves at him regularly.

He was deep in thoughts when he saw a beautiful white lady standing beside him. She had the most captivating hazel eyes that he had ever seen. Her skin was flawless. She was not curvy but sexy in all of the right places. He knew that with a body like that, she worked out regularly at the gym. He couldn't stop staring at her. He didn't usually go for white women but this girl had an effect on him.

Kaylee couldn't believe that she was standing beside popular hip-hop artist, Triger. He looked so hot and handsome. She was mesmerized by those bright eyes that were checking out her body.

"Hello, are you hearing me?" Kaylee asked him as she waved her hand before his face.

Corey was in a trance. He couldn't believe how stunning this woman was.
He blinked his eyes and snapped himself back to reality.

"Yes, I'm hearing you, beautiful. You were saying?" He didn't hear half of what she said to him.

Kaylee smiled at him and took a sip of her champagne. She was also feeling tipsy and high as hell.

"I can't believe that I'm here standing beside, Triger. I like your music so much and I'm a big fan. I saw you standing out here by yourself so I was asking if you're okay?" She asked him.

Corey thought that she had the most beautiful smile and he couldn't help staring at her beauty.

"Thank you, beautiful. Glad to know that you like my music. Yes, I'm good. What about you?" Corey asked her.

"I'm doing okay. Just feeling a little bit tipsy. Can I have your autograph?" Kaylee asked him while sipping her champagne.

"Sure you can," Corey replied to her.

She took out her notepad from her purse and gave it to Corey. He took it and signed his signature on the sheet of paper.

"Thank you so much Triger."

Just as Corey was about to answer her; his father Jonathan came outside with a glass of wine in his hand.

"Son, I was looking for you. I wanted to introduce you to Ari's cousin Kaylee but I see you two have already met." Jonathan told him.

"Yes, we have dad," Corey replied to his father.

"Jonathan I didn't know that Triger was your son. We were just talking." Kaylee said to Jonathan.

"Yes, he is my only child. Son, meet Kaylee. Kaylee, meet my son Corey. You know him as Triger."

Both Corey and Kaylee starred at each other.

"Nice to meet you, Kaylee. Nice name for a beautiful face." Corey told her as he took her hand and kissed her fingers.

Kaylee started to blush."The pleasure is all mine Corey. I like your personality." Kaylee replied to him.

"Thanks, beautiful." Corey let go of her hand.

Corey noticed that the entire time his father was standing there Kaylee seemed nervous but he didn't think much of it. Jonathan excused himself from the two and went back inside his engagement party.