Chapter 12 Kaylee

"Kaylee, I'm so sorry for everything. Please forgive me." Ari said to me as she held her head down.

"Ari, what are you talking about?"

"I'm sorry, Kaylee. I love you always." She said as she walked away.

"Ari, I love you, too. Where are you going?" She didn't reply to me.
All she did was continue walking.

"Ari, where are you going?" I ran after her but I didn't see her. She had completely vanished into thin air.

"Ari, where are you? Please come back."

"Ari, please come back!" I yelled but she was gone.

"Ari, please come back! Please don't
go!"

I yelled as I tossed and turned in my
sleep.

"Baby, please wake up you're having a nightmare." I heard Corey say as I felt him shaking my shoulders. "Please open your eyes, Kaylee."

I opened my eyes and sat up on the bed. I was sweating and I had a splitting headache.

"You were having a nightmare, baby. Are you okay?" Corey asked. He hugged me around my shoulders.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I dreamed that I saw Ari and she told me that she loved me. She also told me to forgive her and that she was sorry." I said to Corey as I touched my sweaty forehead.

"Okay, baby. That's strange. Dreams are very weird." Corey said to me.

"Yes, they are. What time is it?" I asked him as I got off the bed.

He took up his Rolex off the nightstand and looked at the time. "It's eleven pm."

"Thanks. I think it's too late to call Ari. I'll call her in the morning before I go to the studio." I said to Corey as I walked into the adjoining bathroom.

"You can call her in the morning and see if she's okay."

I nodded at him. I went inside the bathroom. I turned on the water and splashed my face. I dried my face with the towel and went back to bed. Corey wrapped his arms around my shoulders. I closed my eyes and soon after, I fell asleep.

***

Eight hours later..

I kissed Corey on his cheeks as he fondled my breasts. He kissed me and our tongues intertwined as he took off my pJ and my red thong. I moaned into the kiss as I felt his fingers touching my wet folds. He flicked my labia folds as our tongues fought for dominance.

He tapped me on my thigh and whispered to me, "Ride my face, beautiful.

I grinned at him as I got up off the bed and straddled his face. He licked my clit as I bucked my hips and held onto his head.

"Oh, shit, baby. I'm about to cum." I moaned as he flicked his tongue on my labia folds.

I climaxed into his mouth and my whole body began to tremble as I felt the orgasm racking my body.

Corey pulled down his boxers as I lay on my back. Suddenly, my cell phone rang.

"Kaylee, you need to get that."

"Yeah," I replied as I took it up off the nightstand.

"It's Monica calling me," I said to Corey as I answered the phone.

"Hi, Monica," I said.

The phone fell from my hands as I heard the worst news of my life. My cousin was dead.

"No! No! No! She's lying! Ari is not dead! No!" I screamed as I felt Corey's hands wrapped around me. He pulled me closer to his chest as I screamed. I wanted to cry but no tears came from my eyes.

"Kaylee, I'm so sorry, beautiful," Corey said to me as I laid my head on his chest.

"They killed her, Corey. She was murdered. Monica found her dead body lying in a pool of blood in her living room." I said as my voice trembled.

Corey had a sad expression on his face. "I'm so sorry, baby. Ari was a nice person. She didn't deserve that."

I was zoned out as reality hit me. Ari was gone. How am I going to tell mom? She loved Ari like her own child. This was all my fault. I got Ari involved in my messed-up situation and now he killed her. My life will never be the same without her. We grew up together and we were always close. Even though we were cousins, we were closer than sisters.

'Please forgive me, Ari.' I thought as I felt the tears running down my cheeks.

***
Two days later..

I stood at Ari's graveside with a rose in my hand. She was buried today. My mom was holding up better than I was. She and Corey were there for me whenever I needed a shoulder to cry on. The detectives said that robbery was the motive for her murder. They said that her cell phone was taken and her jewelry. I knew why she was murdered but I was afraid to tell them. He would kill my mom if I did. They also said that they saw a suitcase on the front porch with her clothes and passport inside of it. They believed that she was leaving the country. I didn't believe that. She wouldn't leave and not tell me and why would she leave?

Ari's mother, Alex, died after Ari and I graduated from college. She died in a plane crash. She traveled a lot because of her career. My mom was like a mother to Ari.

"Dad, I'm sorry for your loss. Ari was a nice girl. I know that we never got off to a good start at first but she later became my friend." Corey said to Jonathan as he hugged him around his shoulder.

He didn't respond to Corey. He just stood there staring at Ari's grave.

"I love you, Ari. I'll never forget you, my favorite cousin." I said as I put the rose at her graveside. Ari was one of the kindest and sweetest cousins that anyone could ever have.

"Kaylee, are you ready to leave?" Corey asked while hugging me around my neck. My mom was inside the car waiting on us.

I looked at him and nodded.

"Dad, are you ready to go?" Corey asked Jonathan.

He didn't reply to Corey. He looked zoned out.

"Kaylee, Terri, and I are leaving now. I'll check on you later." Corey said to him as he patted his shoulder.

I laced my fingers into Corey's as we walked to the car.

***