7-8AM

⚠️ warning(s): none

⚠️ warning(s): none

19th December

Doyoung raved about a place he went to with his members to film a few videos at the top of a hiking trail a while back. They had to do some overnight filming, so they were up till the early hours of the morning. Since they were already up, they managed to catch the sunrise before heading back to their dorms to rest.

Doyoung remembers you talking about going hiking more, so he suggested taking you on the trail when you both were free of schedules and today was the day. You were excited when Doyoung told you because you're the type of person that loves to connect with nature and get away from the city. It's also an opportunity to get away from your workload and spend time with Doyoung too.

But it meant having to wake up at 5am and leaving as soon as you could to catch the sunrise.

However, you were willing to sacrifice a bit of sleep if it meant having to witness one of the best parts of the morning. Doyoung knew how much you loved those and wanted to take you there, so he set several alarms for 5am the night before just in case either of you overslept.

Honestly, you probably didn't need to wake up that early, but you were the type of person who would hit snooze a dozen times before you were willing to even sit up on the bed, let alone get out of it. Even if you did, you constantly find yourself sitting on the toilet for a good 15 mins, questioning your life choices before you start to get ready. Hence the reason for the several alarms.

Luckily today, you naturally woke up before the first alarm sounded. Maybe you were excited about today's adventure.

However, Doyoung struggled to get up even though he was the one that set all those alarms up. Usually, it's the opposite way, so Doyoung found himself scrambling off the bed as soon as he heard his alarm go off for the fifth time, followed by your voice.

"Kim Doyoung wake uuuuppppp" you whined out to him as you stood beside the bed.

"I'm up. I'm up!" Doyoung pushed you slightly to the side as he quickly walked to the bathroom. You chuckled as your eyes followed him to the bathroom.

While Doyoung got ready, you packed up a backpack with some snacks, drinks and some other bits and pieces in case of an emergency. You and Doyoung got some breakfast in your system before heading out.

So here you guys were, already about halfway up on a hiking trail, aiming to get to the top of it, where supposedly it's one of the best sunrises you will ever see in Seoul

"Doyoung, this better be worth the early get up," you say as you're picking up your breath, whereas Doyoung is already ahead of you, motioning you to hurry up.

Doyoung looks back at you while you chug down some water. He walks back to you and crouches down in front of you. He waits for you to hop on his back but turns around when he doesn't sense you move but instead stands straight back up when you tug in his arm.

"No piggyback, I'm fine. Let's go."

Though you first refused, he ended up giving you one anyway because you tripped on a few rocks and almost fell face down on the ground. Luckily, with Doyoung's quick reflexes, he manages to hold onto you before you do.

He also didn't want you to scrape your knee like last time when you clumsily tripped on a rock. It's what happens when you don't pay attention to where you're walking.

Doyoung is careful as he's focused on what's in front of him, ensuring he doesn't step on anything that could make him lose his balance. At the same time, you're taking in the surrounding greenery that appears more and more amongst the city's high rise buildings. You can hear the chirping sounds of birds and feel the light breezes of the December morning air.

You whip out your phone from your pocket and start recording random videos and taking selfies. One of the selfies you take is of you surprising Doyoung with a kiss on his cheek. As you stare at the photo, a smile grows on your face, deciding that this will be your new lock screen.

It's not long before you guys finally reach the top of the hiking trail. Doyoung gently places you back on the ground, and you make your way towards the railings, doing a few stretches to loosen up your muscles. Doyoung follows along.

You made it just in time to watch the sunrise, with a few minutes to spare as Doyoung checks the time on his phone.

You can see the sun peeking through the bare branches of the trees. Colours of oranges and yellow with a slight hint of pink illuminate the morning sky, with very few clouds in sight.

"Ok, this was definitely worth the early get up" you say to Doyoung

As you continue to look at the bright and beaming sunrise, you take a deep breath and lean your head onto Doyoung's shoulder. He grabs hold of your hand but scrunches up his face.

"Babe, your hand is so cold!"

Doyoung rubs his hands over yours, bringing some warmth to it. He brings it up to his lips and places a kiss on it.

"Keep warming it up for me with your kisses"

"My lips are going to freeze" Doyoung protests

Lifting your head, you jokingly slap his arm.

"Stop being so dramatic"

"Stop being so cheesy"

"I hate you" you grumble as you lay your head back on Doyoung's shoulder

"I love you too" Doyoung chuckles before placing a kiss on the crown of your head