8-9AM

⚠️ warning(s): none

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

⚠️ warning(s): none

25th December

Your eyes shut from Doyoung's soft touches across your cheek. Still wide awake but have no urge to fall back asleep.

You and Doyoung are still in bed, despite waking up earlier. Usually, you'd try to sleep a bit more, but you couldn't fall back asleep even if you wanted to, so you and Doyoung just cuddled up to each other in silence, playing with each other's hair and taking in each other's features up close. Also, it would be best if you guys were getting out of bed soon to start your day.

Since it's Christmas Day, you would usually head over to Doyoung's parent's house for dinner later on. However, Doyoung has a schedule during that time, and so you guys decided to visit earlier for lunch.

"Have I ever told you that waking up next to you is one of my favourite things in the world?"

You don't respond to Doyoung's words. However, you turn to pick up your phone on the bedside table. Doyoung looks at you confused as you look through your phone when suddenly a very familiar song starts playing, but you immediately skip forward to the chorus. The next thing he hears is the line, "Girl, you're my favourite". As the song continues to play, you start singing along to it like you're at the karaoke.

"Seriously, Y/N?" Doyoung looks at you with a raised eyebrow

"Sorry, I just had to" you laugh, pausing the music and checking some of your messages.

A comfortable silence takes over. Doyoung stares at you as you concentrate on the small screen in front of you. He's thinking to himself, "How are you real? How do you look so beautiful and cute even with your messy hair? I want to marry you."

"Let's get married."

"Huh?" you whip your head to the side and blink at him several times, wondering if you heard him correctly.

"Marry me, Y/N."

"You ok? Are you sick? Do you have a fever again?"

You question Doyoung as you drop your phone on the bed. You place the back of your hand on his forehead and then cup his face between your palms. Doyoung shakes his head, grabs and pulls your hands away from his cheeks, holding onto them tightly but not too tight where it's uncomfortable. His thumb soothed them in the process.

"Y/N, I'm fine. And before you ask, I've never been so sure of anything in my life."

"W-why? All of a sudden?" You let out a nervous chuckle

It's not that you haven't thought about marrying him. Of course, you did. You love him so much, and you want to spend the rest of your life with him. You didn't expect those words to come out of his mouth all of a sudden when you both were just lying peacefully in bed one morning.

"I love you, Y/N. Isn't that reason enough?" Doyoung smiles

You stare at him, mouth slightly open with shock across your face as you're processing that Doyoung wants to marry you. The thought of you waking up beside him one day, not as your boyfriend anymore but your husband, just made you speechless. To this day, you still can't believe you can call him your boyfriend. The fact that someone like Doyoung loves you even more than you love yourself still surprises you.

As those thoughts continue to run in your head, you're absentmindedly staring at him, bringing tears to your eyes. Doyoung's smile turns to a frown due to you not saying anything for the last few minutes.

"You don't want to marry me?"

You can hear the slight hurt in his sentence, but he just misunderstood what you were trying to say and quickly reassured him.

"What? No, of course, I want to marry you! I just wasn't expecting it, you know? It's like, what? 8 in the morning? I know we've talked about wanting to get married in the future. I'm just... Kim Doyoung, you left me speechless."

"I seem to have that effect on you a lot", Doyoung chuckles as he moves a few strands of hair away from your face. His fingers play with them.

"But I truly meant it."

The first few tears fall from your eyes, and you wipe them away before Doyoung can. His fingers linger on the side of your face before cupping your cheek in his palm. You nuzzle against his touch.

"Thank you for always being there for me. Seriously. It's crazy to think how 4 years have gone by since we first met. Who knew that bumping into you would be a life-changing thing." Doyoung laughs at that memory

"Sometimes, it's difficult to put into words just how much I love you. So, whenever I say that I love you, I say it with all my heart. You've been there for me, from my most vulnerable times to some of the happiest ones. Even when there were times where I pushed you away for whatever reason, you still stuck by me, always promising that you wouldn't ever leave me, and you never did. Not once. And I thank you for that. When I think about the future, all I see is you. Like you once mentioned, we could get a house somewhere in Jeju, start a family one day and grow old together. You're one of the most beautiful people I've ever met, inside and out. You're my best friend, my soulmate and my everything. And hopefully, my wife as well. So, Y/N, will you marry me?"

At this point, you're already a crying mess. You nod several times before just barely letting out the following words from your mouth.

"Yes. A thousand times, yes."

You immediately peck Doyoung on his lips, followed by another and another before you're pulled in an intense kiss which leaves you breathless by the end of it.

"Best Christmas ever" you whisper on his lips after you pull away from Doyoung

You snuggle and bury your head on his chest, letting out a satisfied sigh as you do so while Doyoung wraps his arms around your body, holding you tightly and placing a kiss on the top of your head.

"Merry Christmas, Mrs Kim"

You slap his chest playfully several times, screaming onto his chest and flapping your feet as you hear Doyoung call you that. Now that's something you're going to have to get used to hearing from now on.

You couldn't wait to see what the future holds for you and Doyoung. You couldn't wait to start a new chapter in your life with your most favourite person in the world, and you wouldn't want it to be anyone else.

24hrs with Doyoung - Daily Lifeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें