Chapter 18: Restart

Nanon's POV

After he left, I gave my address to the cab driver. He began to drive to my house. It felt like I am in some fantasy movie. I can't believe I went back in time. I got a second chance in my life!! I can restart my life now! I wanted to scream my lungs out. If I did that some might think I have gone crazy. So I tried to control but I can't help smiling wide. I looked at everything like I am seeing it for first time. I think my smile would have creeped out the driver.

"Sir, are you alright?" He asked looking at me from rear view mirror.

"I am so happy P" I slighty screamed. Now the driver looked afraid of me.
"Can I ask you why? While you got in you both were silent and looked like you had some big problem to face. Now why are you suddenly happy?" He asked. I was going to answer but stopped remembering Fiat's advice.

"Even if I said you won't understand P" I said. He was driving fastly now. I got down the cab and he left without even getting fare. Was he that scared of me? I just shrugged and went inside.

I can't explain how much happy I was when I saw my bike. I just went and hugged it. Never in my life I thought I would miss my home this much. I became so happy by seeing every item in my house. From simple door knob to the big tv in the living room.

I went to my room and everything was messed up. Like how I left before going to the bar. I laid on my bed feeling the comfort of my room. Suddenly I remembered meeting Puimek and got my mobile to give her friend request. Few minutes later I got a notification and checked my mobile. She accepted my friend request.

"Yess" I whisper yelled seeing that. I am a single man now. I am going to court her. With all the happiness I slept really well.

I woke up hearing my mother's voice. She was in my room collecting the dirty clothes for laundry. She was nagging me for not being responsible and for sleeping till 11 am. I never realised that there will be a day I would really enjoy her nagging.

"Stop smiling like a idiot" she said. "Ohhh mommy how much I missed you" I said and hugged her. She was looking at me weirdly.

"Are you not feeling well?" She tried to check the temperature. "No mom" I said and she was still confused. "Ok now move. I have work to do." She went away with the laundry bag. Then only I remembered,

"Mom stop...give that jacket" I quickly pulled the jacket which I wore yesterday night. I felt relieved when I found the golden ticket in the jacket. My phone rang I grabbed it quickly to see the caller. It was Chimon. I just ignored it.

After doing the morning routine I went to kitchen to get my breakfast. We have dining room but I liked eating in kitchen, watching my mom cooking and chatting with her. It was our bonding time.

I was waiting for her as she was cooking my breakfast. I was looking at the golden ticket in my hand. It had beautiful printed floral pattern engraved in it. The centre part was like the centre of flower. In the centre circle there was 'previous button' like engraving in red color. It complimented well with the golden colour of ticket.

"What are you looking at your hand? Did you got hurt?" My mom brought me back to this world.

"Huh what? Can't you see this?" I asked pointing the ticket near her face.

"What? I can see only your finger." She said.

"Well it is..."suddenly the ticket got out of my hand. I grabbed it quickly and shut my mouth.

"What are you going to say?" my mom was waiting for my answer.

"You can't understand even if I said"

"Here have your breakfast" she said handing me my favorite omlette and bread. Suddenly I remembered the burnt omlette Chimon cooked for the first time.

"Oh how much I missed this...he will also make" I was about to rant and suddenly the ticket flew away and I caught it.

"Who will do what?" She asked and I just shrugged.

"You are acting weird from the morning." She said and went back to her cooking. I was eating peacefully but I got a call. I just ignored it after seeing it was from Chimon. I don't know why I am not taking his call. Guess I am still not ready to face him.

I went to my room and got ready to go out. I am going to meet Puimek. I got this second chance so I am not going to waste it.

___________________________________

Merry Christmas everyone🥳🎅🎄

How was this chapter?

Do vote and comment your thoughts.

Thank you for reading💖