Chapter 2: The reason

"Nano, shall we get married?"

Everyone was looking at their table as the waiter who came to place their order dropped the glass. The waiter was distracted on the gang's conversation and couldn't control his shock on Chimon's proposal. He quickly apologised and went to clean the mess and get their orders.

"Hey you are Nanon right?" A beautiful woman approached their table asking Nanon and ignoring the other two.

Nanon gave a small nod as his reply since he found that woman familiar. It was like he knew her but can't remember her.

"Don't you remember me? I am Puimek, your school senior". She said and Nanon's eyes widen in recognition. How can he forget his first crush!!

He may have forgotten but Ohm and Chimon remember her. Non literally dragged them to join in the annual play directed by P'Puimek. He did his best, impressed her and got lead role. Chimon got a side artist role and Ohm was helping in behind scene crew.

"P' Puimek! How are you?" He just shove Ohm aside and went near her ignoring annoyed Chimon.

"I am just 2 years elder than you. Drop the formalities" she said smiling.

"Puimek its getting late, we have to go now" her friend who was standing little aside called her.

Puimek then left giving a friendly side hug to Nanon and ignoring Ohm who was trying to get Puimek's attention. After she left Nanon was smiling like a child who got his favorite candy, completely unaware of death glare given by Chimon.

"Are you done or is there still someone you need to hug?" Chimon asked.

Nanon who finally came down from his little high gave him a confused look.

"I asked you a question and you haven't replied yet"Chimon said annoyed.

"Hey Chi how can I marry you? You are my friend. What's gotten into you?" Nanon sounded still playful which was not reciprocated on other end.

"There is nothing wrong with me. You are my friend so what? I asked only you, not him or any other friends of mine" He said pointing towards Ohm.

"Well Mon I am married so you can't ask me" Ohm chirped in.

"Even if you are single I will not ask you" Chimon replied sassily.

"Ouch that hurts" Ohm sighed dramatically.

"But seriously why are you suddenly asking me to marry you?" Nanon was serious now.

Chimon just took a photo of a handsome man from his mobile and showed to him.

"This is Pluem Purim,27, doctor in a famous hospital in this city, son of my dad's friend. Only that's all I know about him. My father is nagging for past 10 days to marry him. Same like you I also don't want to marry a stranger. That's why I asked you to marry me." Chimon explained to the guys who were intently listening to him.

Ohm snatched the mobile from Nanon's hand and saw the image.

"Well I was expecting someone old and with bored look. This guy looks cute. You would make a best pair atleast for visuals" Ohm replied and Chimon got his mobile back.

"You don't have to agree now. Take your time, think and reply. Even if your answer is no. I am leaving now" Chimon got up and went towards the exit.

"Pay the bill and go home safely Ohm. Hey Chi wait for me" Nanon ran after him ignoring Ohm's curses.

"Why should I pay for your treat? May be I should start listening to Fah". Ohm was saying to no one in particular.

"Hey...Chi...wait for me" Nanon came out. It was pouring now. Chimon was already in the cab. He asked the driver to wait for Nanon.

Chimon was silent during the ride back home. The rain outside, melodious song played in the car and being little drunk Nanon slowly drifted off to sleep laying his head on Chimon's shoulder.

___________________________________

How was this chapter?

Do vote and comment your thoughts.

Thank you for reading💖