Chapter 13: Crossroads

Nanon's POV

I looked beside me. He was facing the other side. I know he was not asleep. I slowly crawled to his side and wrapped my arm around him.

He went stiff and immediately spat my hand. I quickly took it away. Again I wrapped my arm, this time holding his hand in my hug so he can't push again. He was stiff but didn't move. Slowly I could feel him relax. Then he tried to move so I slowly released my grip on him. He turned to face me.

He was looking straight at my eyes, as if seeing my soul through my eyes. His intense gaze sent some tickling sensation in my stomach. Is this what they call butterflies in stomach? I can't take my eyes off him. I slowly moved away his bangs covering his forehead.

With dim light coming from window, he looks really breathtaking. His pale skin has got some pink in cheeks. I slowly caressed his cheeks and he closed his small eyes. I went little closer to him and I could feel his hand on my shoulder. He was breathing heavily, closed eyes moving rapidly in anticipation. I raised my head and kissed his forehead.

I saw him giving small shy smile making me smile too. He closed his eyes and leaned forward, I also did same. I could feel his breath on my lips and suddenly my whole face feels hot. I looked at his pink lips. It was small like rosebud. I leaned forward to kiss those pink lips.

Trrrinnggg....trrriinnnggggg....trrinnnggg

We quickly pulled away from our trance. It was my phone ringing. Who the hell is calling at this hour? I mentally cursed and searched for my mobile and so did he. He got my mobile and after seeing the caller name his face immediately became frowning. He threw the phone on my face and turned to other side. In a flash everything was back to its state, which I hated now.

The call ended before I could get my mobile. I saw the caller, it was Puimek.

---------

"Dang" Fiat threw the file he was holding. "I don't know what to say! You are a robot and unlucky in addition to that" he was fuming in anger. Why is he being this dramatic now?

"Calm down Fiat and don't show your anger to client" Arm said patting his shoulder.

"Boss, we don't need client like him. He is hopeless and unromantic."

"Hey don't say things like this!" I said.

"What? Getting offended? Romance has to be done with flavor, not like you doing some kind of favor. If I were in your husband's place I would have given hi-fi to your face with my fists."

"Hey don't blame me. I actually tried. The call came at wrong time."

"If the call came when your husband was absent, it would be perfect timing for you right?" Arm asked mockingly.

"Huh? I am not like what you are thinking" Why are they judging me?

"Ok you continue" Arm said.

---------

I woke up next morning with sunlight pouring on my face through window. I saw beside me and he was not there. For the past few days he left early without even making slight noise to wake me.

I went to wash my face and there I saw yellow color sticky note. Again.

'I am taking car, come to office in cab - C' neatly written. Why does he bother to write it everyday? Only the color of note changes not the message. I lazily got ready and booked a cab for me. I got out of apartment and was waiting for cab. I was thinking about going back home to get my bike. Its becoming more irritating without having anything of my own here.

When I got inside the cab, the driver gave a small welcoming smile. I just nodded and got inside. I entered the address in GPS. Damn everything is mocking me. There was some network issue and GPS was not working.

"Ok this is the address I said showing the address." He looks confused.

"Nong, can you say the directions as I drive? I don't know the address" he asked hesitating.

"How can you be driver in Bangkok without knowing the address?" I snapped at him.

"Sorry nong, I am new here. I am from next province, last week only I came here" he said.

"Drive straight, at the cross road take right" I said and he started driving. Poor guy. I felt bad for snapping at him.

"Sorry P. It was some work tension I snapped at you" I said sincerely and he just smiled.

"Its ok nong. When you are going to work be relaxed, leave the tension. Then only you can do job fully as you like" he said and I just snorted.

"That's my problem. I don't like this job." I said.

"Then do what you like" easy for you to say P. I didn't say it out loud.

My phone vibrated. I saw it was message from Puimek.

'Yesterday night I called you to inform about open audition for Mr. Singto's new movie. If you are intrested come to this location around 10 am.'

She sent some location attached to the message. I smiled and put my phone back.

"Why are you smiling like this nong? Was the message from your lover?"

"You are being too nosy P" I said and he went silent apologising.

"It was from my friend. She is in cine field. Once I told her about my interest in acting. She sent me info about some audition today" I said.

"Oh then go ahead and try nong" he said.

"No P. My family will not accept. Even if I went for audition there is less chance for me to be selected." I said.

"You are not a kid nong. Go ahead and live as you wish. Spectators will never become winners. If you tried and failed at least you will have satisfaction of tried something you love" he said calmly.

"Being cab driver is what you love?" I asked joking.

"No nong. Its my part time work. I have another dream and I am focusing on that. This job is just for income" he said smiling.

I felt what he says is true. Atleast I can say I went for audition and failed. But on other hand my parents will never accept this. Chimon would approve if I explained to him. He knows I like acting.

"Nong, I already took the right you mentioned. Now where should I drive?" He asked driving slowly.

Where should I go? To the office? Or the audition? The cab came to a cross road, so was my life. Which side should I go now?

___________________________________

How was this chapter?

Where do you think he should go? Audition or office?

May be I am sounding like broken record but who cares! Please do vote and comment your thoughts!

Thank you for reading💖