"You don't get to call social services on me and whine about how I'm neglecting my children then try and take over when it's your day off. Leave. I don't fucking need you here."

In theory, this should hurt me a little bit but it doesn't. There's something about seeing him so pissed off that is amusing me and maybe it's because it's finally him, not me. All he's done is piss me off and hurt me, so although I feel some empathy, I don't feel bad. Besides, I refuse to feel bad for safeguarding those children. I regret nothing.

"Oh." I say and put the lid back on the bottle. I faux a frown at him. "You're still mad about that?"

"Yes I'm still mad! Are you fu-" He cuts himself off when he sees me smirking at him, clearly now understanding what I'm doing. He sighs and turns back around. "I know how to look after my own children, Edora. Just leave."

It's very tempting to make a snotty comment about how he can't care for his children, but that isn't fair of me because he's trying and everyday I've seen him try harder and harder. I've noticed how he holds them that little bit tighter and never stays at work past six o'clock if he can help it, and he always takes them to the nursery. If Luella asks him to stop working and watch something with her, he will and if Albie wants to play with him, he will. He's so much more present and he's truly trying. I'm not going to rub his effort in his face.

He's doing really well and I won't be the person that sets him back.

"We have a picnic date, remember?"

Harry completely ignores me and instead moves to the fridge. I just stay silent as I watch him grab the yoghurt and milk, slamming it shut with his hip. I make no effort to move nor say anything further when he's placing the yoghurt beside Luella's bowl, pouring milk into the cereal, before he's turning to Lula and picking her up. He says absolutely nothing to her as she's squirming trying to get out of his hold, clearly upset with him about something. He just sit her in her booster seat before he's reaching for Albie.

I'd love to know what happened this morning for this house to be in shambles this morning.

Harry holds Albie at arms length so he doesn't have the chance to attach himself to Harry. He is quickly setting Albie down into the seat before he's stepping back to watch the twins. For a mere few seconds, they're silent before they're both tipping their bowls over, not satisfied.

Harry looks like he's on the verge of exploding at the sight of the strawberries, the cereal and the milk on the table. Harry pinches the bridge of his nose between his thumb and index finger as he mumbles "no fucking milk" underneath his breath. He drops his hands to his thighs before looking at his daughter.

"Luella, please. What is wrong with your strawberries?"

She looks at her dad as if he's absolutely insane and it takes her a moment to respond.

"H-hearts."

He throws his head back in annoyance before he starts picking up each strawberry individually, chucking them back in the bowl.

"I don't know how to do that." He mutters, his whole body tense.

I decide to help despite his need to do this on his own. I don't go near the children and I don't say anything, I just stand up and grab a cloth from by the sink. All I do is hold it out for Harry to take but even that seems to annoy him. He snatches it off of me.

"I don't need your help."

He does need help, maybe not mine but I'm the only help he has right now. He must feel like he has something to prove after everything that has happened. He's trying to act like he knows what he's doing, like he's got it all under control when it's the opposite. The thing is though, this is normal and I'm not going to judge him for struggling with two screaming toddlers. The fact that he is trying is enough for me to want to help.