two

Edora

If you had asked me just twenty four hours ago how I'd be spending my twenty-first birthday, I definitely wouldn't have responded with "getting married to a stranger in Vegas at one in the morning" but here I am, standing behind two closed doors that lead towards Harry.

In some ways, I feel like my subconscious knew it was going to happen considering I dressed in all white - who dressed in all white for their birthday in Vegas?

The second me and Harry both agreed that this was something we wanted to do, we wasted no time in entering the chapel and walking straight up to the reception. We were given forms to fill out about our basic information; full names, date of birth, address, occupations and so on. We were then offered prenups but both of us were getting antsy, just wanting to put a ring on it to say we've done it, so we turned it down and paid for the wedding. Well, Harry paid for the cheap wedding because he refused to let me pay a single penny.

With a warm hug and lots of laughter, we were then both escorted to two separate rooms to pick out our fancy dress outfits. It was when I was in a room with a middle aged woman asking me about our love story that I realised how fucking insane this is. My family aren't here, neither are my friends. I've known this man for a total of three hours and I'm above to promise my life to him.

Either way, my drunk self thought it would be amusing to make up a cute love story for us instead of just telling her we had met just three hours ago and I know nothing about him. I told her we met on a business trip across seas and instantly fell in love. We spent two years long distance before we had saved up enough money to live in the same state together, and now to celebrate my twenty-first birthday, we decided we'd finally tie the knot.

The woman loved our story and played into it, although it probably wasn't one of my best ideas because as she was clipping a veil into my hair, instead of telling me to turn around and leave the building before doing something I'd regret, she pulled me in for a hug and offered me words of advice. Before going to the ceremony, I rummaged through my bag and reapplied my red lipstick before putting some heart sunglasses on my face and a feather boa around my neck.

I didn't think I'd be nervous considering I have no emotional attachment to Harry but standing behind these doors, waiting for the cue, has me nervously bouncing from foot to foot. I have too much time to question what I'm doing but just as I feel myself sobering up, I'm offered complimentary shots and of course, I take them to calm the nerves.

My main concern at this point is how hungover I'm going to be in the morning.

"Okay, are you ready, Sunshine?" The woman asks as she takes the shot glasses away from me, placing them down on the nearest table.

I glance over my shoulder at her and let out a heavy breath. "He's still here?"

She chuckles and places both of her hands on my shoulders, giving me a reassuring squeeze. "He's just behind those doors," She tells me before laughing. "In an amazing costume if I do say so myself."

My eyes widen and I'm looking at her over my shoulder. "Costume?"

"Mhm. He's gone full out."

"Oh god." I chuckle under my breath whilst shaking my head, now itching to see him. I hate being on the outside of the joke.

"Now, is there any particular song you want to walk down the aisle to?"

My eyes widen when I realise that, that is a thing and I get to walk down the aisle to a song of my choice. I had completely forgotten about it, slipping my mind from how drunk I am. My mind races with all those sappy love songs I've imagined walking down the isle to but my mouth doesn't say any of those songs, instead I'm saying one word.