21

"10 minutes till your surgery. Are you ready?" The doctor asked with her hands in her doctors coat.

Haeun nodded, smiling. "I just have one favor to ask."

"Yes, what is it?"

"Could you write something for me?"

"Of course." The doctor smiled.

Dear JK...

---

"She's alright. It will take a couple of days till her vision will be perfect." A deep voice said, Haeun recognized it to be her doctor's voice.

"Oh, thank goodness. I can't believe she didn't tell me that there was a possibility that she wouldn't survive this surgery." A woman's voice said. Mom? It sounds like Haeun's mom's voice.

Haeun heard all these voices, but the only thing she could see was black. Was she dead?

"Am I dead? Am I in heaven?" Haeun's weak voice whispered.

"Haeun!" Her mom yelled, surprised that her daughter was awake. Yeah, it was definitely her mom.

"Haeun, don't worry. You're not dead. You just have a couple of bandages around your head. The bandages is covering your eyes. It will take a couple of days til you can take them off."

"Ah.." Haeun smiled and nodded. She got her sight back.

---

2 weeks later

"Aren't you excited? We'll be going back home to our hometown today." Haeun's mom asked, sitting on a chair beside the bed.

Haeun who layed in the bed nodded sadly. "I am, but Jimin hasn't come back yet. He said that he would come back after a week."

"I'm sure that he'll come." Her mom said, trying to be positive.

Haeun's mom looked at the table beside the bed and saw a piece of paper. She picked it up and asked. "Haeun, what's this?"

Haeun's eyes darted to the paper in her mom's hands. Her eyes widened in realization. "I should replace that letter. It's a letter to Jimin, could you give me the letter?"

Her mom gave the small piece of paper to her. Haeun accepted it and threw it into an empty garbage can with no hesitation.

"Mom, could you get me a pen and paper?"

Her mom nodded, with furrowed brows. 'Why did she just throw the letter?' was the first thing that came to the woman's mind.

Even so, she did as her daughter requested.

Haeun accepted the pen and paper and began writing her letter.

---

Dear JK

I miss you, why haven't you come back? I've been waiting for over two weeks now. My surgery was successful! I got my sight back. I want to see my boyfriend's face. But, I guess that can't be possible for a while.

I'm going back to my hometown, JK. My mom and family wants me back to them for a while. But don't worry, I'm coming back after a couple of months. I want to pursue a career in photography. I'm coming back for college and you.

I need to make money for my hospital bills. By going back, I'll be helping my family and paying a part of my hospital bills. I'm smart, am I not? Hehe.

I'm going to miss you. Call or text me okay? I'll put my number on bottom of this letter. I can't believe that we were dumb enough to not exchange each others numbers. I wouldn't have to write this letter if we had done that.

I'll miss you, my JK. I'm going to miss waking up and meeting you. I'm going to miss the moments we had together in the hospital.

I love you.

From your lady, Haeun.

---

A few hours later

"Are we all ready to go?" Haeun's mom sweetly asked, standing by the reception with her daughter and niece.

"Yes, Mom. I'm all ready to go." Haeun said looking around the hospital for the last time. She was going to miss this place. It held so many memories.

"Oh, I'm sorry Aunt. I forgot my phone in Haeun's hospital room." Bong-Cha suddenly said, looking at Haeun's mom.

"It's okay, dear. Hurry and get it and then we'll go." Haeun's mom sweetly said, before turning towards the nurse who stood behind the reception desk.

Bong-Cha glared at Haeun before going her way.

"Okay, what did I even do now?" Haeun scoffed, looking at Bong-cha walking away.

---

Bong-Cha carefully opened the door to Haeun's room and walked in. Her tall high heels made louds sounds which echoed in the quiet room. She looked around to see her phone on the table beside the bed.

"Found it." The girl said to herself. She was going to walk out of the room, when a piece of paper caught her eye.

"What's this?" She said as picked the letter up. She skimmed through the letter, to see it was a letter from Haeun to her boyfriend.

She scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Wow, what a great girlfriend she is."

Bong-Cha threw the letter back to it's original place and was about to go out, when something once again caught her eye. A letter in an empty garbage can.

"Huh?" She muttered, picking the letter up. She opened it and read it. This must be the letter she wrote before her surgery.

An evil smile formed on her lips as she thought of an idea. She took the letter that sat on the bed and switched it with the one she was holding.

"I'm keeping this." She laughed an obnoxious laugh, hiding the letter in her jacket. "Good luck, my dear cousin."

---

Published: 18/12/21

ooooo, what's happening now? not edited btw

LMAO THE PLOT HOLE IM SORRY