11

"I'm glad you're here JK, I was looking for you." She smiled, which made Jungkook's lips curve into a smile. "Is there anyone occuping the garden?" She asked, he nodded even though she couldn't see it.

"Uncle is there, I was just with him a minute ago." He informed her.

"Ah.." She said and began thinking of another idea of where they could hang out. "Come with me, we're going to my room."

Before Jungkook got to register what Haeun said, she had already walked away.

"Hey! Wait for me!"

---

"We're here!" Haeun shouted in ecstasy before plopping on her bed. Jungkook glanced around the small bedroom.

The walls were worn with the colors beige and yellow. Haeun's bed was a single bed with only one mattress, it did not look comfortable. The room had some furniture. A drawer and some chairs. Bright light shined through the windows in her room.

Jungkook's face frowned at the look of the room.

Do all the patients in the yellow halls have such rooms?

Jungkook's room was the complete opposite of this room. His walls were crisp white without any damages. His windows were large and he had an incredible view of the garden. His bed could be controlled by a small remote control. The bed could move up and down, it could even become warm.

Speaking of heat, was there even air condition in here? It was quite hot in the room, it made Jungkook rise his sweater sleeves to his biceps.

"Aren't you warm?" He asked. Haeun shook her head as a response.

"I've gotten used to it, there's no air condition in here. Only outside in the halls." She said.

"This room doesn't look like it's in the best condition too." Jungkook said, concerned.

"Don't worry, Jimin. I've lived like this my whole life, ruined rooms, ruined floors, ruined everything. Warm, cold. It's not your fault I'm not wealthy." She smiled at him, while his frown only deepened.

It may not be my fault, but my ancestors, Jungkook thought.

"I just hope that it'll change someday. There's such a big difference the poor and rich. I've seen many with worse condition than me," Haeun sighed. "Some of the wealthy people look down at us and treat us like trash. I hate some of them sometimes. It's so unfair that they don't need to pay a high amount of taxes." She snarled.

Jungkook looked at her with a worried gaze. "What do you mean with worse condition?" He asked.

"Well," She began. "I lived in a very small home before I moved here. My neighbours did too, and some of them didn't even have enough money to buy food. Their rich employers would give them small amounts of money, it wasn't enough. It wasn't enough for their expenses. So they would have to not eat to pay to for their other expenses. Everyone had to work. Even the kids." Haeun felt a tear fall down her face, thinking about her family and neighbours.

"But my family is lucky, my cousin is currently working in a high-paying job. He sends hundreds of bucks every month to us, so they could live better." She smiled, another tear hit the corner of her mouth.

"My family hoped the same for me, that I could get a high-paying job and help them. My mother saved lots of money for me to go to university and get a good job. And now that I've lost my sight, I can't go to school, and I can't get my dream job. I can't help my family. I feel so fucking bad." Haeun felt her small tears turn into a waterfall, it didn't stop running down her face.

Jungkook eyes widened. He rushed over to her, sat on her bed and hugged her tight. "Haeun, It's not your fault. I'm so sorry, it's my fault. Don't cry." He said, worry filled in his eyes. He stroked her head gently, in hopes of comforting her.

Haeun continued to put her head in the crook of his neck. She tightly hugged him back, she needed some comfort. "I-it's not your f-fault, Jimin." She hiccuped, her salty tears were wetting Jungkook's shoulder.

It is my fault, I should have stopped dad, Jungkook thought.

"But it's not your fault is it? You got hurt, you're in the hospital. I'm a hundred procent sure that you can get a job when you get discharged. But not now, you're a patient. You can't go to university now, you have to rest. As I've said before, I think you should talk to your family about what happened. I'll help you do it, I'l be with you every step of the way." He reassured her, putting his head on hers. She slowly nodded, her eyes were puffy and red.

"Thank you, Jimin. Could I hug you for bit longer?" He hummed and continued to ask her. "Do you feel a bit better now?"

"Yes, thanks to you." She lightly smiled, wiping a tear that fell down her cheek.

"I'm glad." His worried eyes turned into smiling eyes. "Let's call them tomorrow. We can do it in the garden, while no one is there. Okay?" He suggested, and she nodded.

"Meet me there at two o'clock, Jimin." Haeun said. She pulled out of the hug, which confused Jungkook. She suddenly brought out her pinky finger. "Promise?" She said with a hopeful tone.

Jungkook smiled a toothy smile at her gesture. He brought out his pinky finger and wrapped it around hers. He continued to put his thumb on hers. "And lock it." He smiled.

When they parted hands, Haeun immediatley hugged Jungkook once again. Jungkook giggled at the her cute self, before hugging her back. He rocked her back and forth.

"Ah, I forgot to tell you something." Jungkook suddenly said. "What is it?" Haeun's brows furrowed.

"Thank you for the cake, it was so delicious. Make it for me often please." He cutely said, and Haeun laughed.

"Well since you want it that often, how about I make it for you every friday? Since it's friday today."

Jungkook nodded in satisfaction. "Deal."

published: 13/10/21