Lone Wolf Part 3

With Chiara refusing to tell Dani about the potion, Dani decided to investigate.

"Is she going to send an owl?" Ben, who had been brought for backup, asked.

"No, she's stopping past the entrance," Dani shook her head. "I think she's waiting for someone."

Ben and Dani hid near the owlery, keeping a close eye on Chiara. Just then, a man emerged from the forbidden forest, headed for Chiara.

Ben leapt out, wielding his wand. "TRESPA-"

Chiara turned around in shock, and Dani tried to drag Ben back by the collar. "Shut it!"

"What are you guys doing here?!" asked Chiara angrily.

"Look, I know you didn't attack Pippa, but we can't have a loose werewolf running around school!"

"Loose werewolf?! Chiara, you told me those were spare potions!" The man exclaimed. Dani could see him clearly now: he had brown hair and a scarred face, and looked to be in his late 20s or early 30s, about Snape's age.

"They... Were. There's been an aconite shortage this month."

"You could've just told me, Chiara," the man's voice softened.

"You need it more than I do," said Chiara. "I'm just a student and you work in an organization protecting Harry Potter and stopping You-Know-Who."

"Who are you, anyway, Fenrir Greyback's crony?" Ben asked the man.

"Allow me to introduce myself," said the man. "My name is Remus Lupin. Chiara's been giving me wolfsbane potions since a wolf pup led me to her. I've been a bit short on money lately so I can't afford my own ingredients, and I have some history with your Potions professor... But I don't think I should keep taking these from a 16-year-old either."

Silence.

"I'll tell you in advance next time, Mr. Lupin. But you can have this for tonight."

Lupin hesitates, but ends up taking Chiara's potion. "Thank you, young lady. You are a true Hufflepuff. Now, would you mind if you return to the castle for dinner first while I have a word with these two."

"OK," said Chiara before running off.

Dani walks over to join Ben in front of Lupin. "...No plus ones? Or twos?"

"You two haven't ran back and told Dumbledore, so I guess we're fine for now," replied Lupin. "Look, as an adult, I'd feel better if someone was there to watch Chiara while she transforms, especially since you think she might attack someone."

"NO," said Ben. "NO. I am NOT watching a freaking werewolf transform before my eyes. NO." He runs off, back towards the castle.

"And I can't blame him, or any of you guys," said Lupin to Dani. "Not a lot of people can handle a werewolf transformation."

"He's muggle-born, so maybe that's why. But I'll try my best."