Going Back

(Keystone City)

Ralph and Nora were at one of the residence of the Thawne's, specifically the place where Grandma Agnes was murdered, which was in Keystone, with a speedster at his side, they were quick to arrive at the place.

Nora knew what was coming so she was quick to leave with Ralph to escape Caitlin's lecture and she had no regret, her father has done the same thing to her and so did her siblings, a lot of times.

"So why the quick escape?" Ralph says looking at the young Allen who was there with him.

"You want me to sit there and get lectured by both of my moms?" Nora scoffed looking at the man. "No thanks!"

"And what was that smile when you booked it with me?" He asked entering the house which was covered with yellow tapes.

"Let's just say dad did the same thing to me, a lot." She answered following Ralph inside the house.

"So it's revenge." He states as Nora nodded her head behind him, before looking at her. "I am surprised you haven't said anything about this being breaking and entering?"

"If you are asking about how this should be illegal, this is nothing compared to list of things me, Bart, Henry and our friends pulled to complete few of our missions." She answered in return pulling disposable gloves over her hands and offered a pair to Ralph. "Want these?"

"Don't mind if I do!" Ralph exclaimed taking them and wearing it quickly. "You know, I am liking you more than Barry." Nora just gave a smile in return.

"Thanks." Nora says standing beside him. "So what are we looking for?"

"I don't know if you noticed or not." Ralph began as picked few pictures off a post, gazing at it remembering all of the faces from the picture. "But when we faced off against Matt, there was something near his chest that kept on glowing, sometimes it intensified, but I got a brief glimpse and it looked something like." He trailed off when he noticed another picture, a really old family picture. "This!" Ralph pointed to a small blue colored gems that the family wore. It was worn by few members mostly adults.

"OH! It's the jewel." Nora exclaimed taking the picture away from him, at Ralph's confused stare, she elaborated. "Its the same jewel that Maggie and Meloni have, I always thought it was like the Flash ring?"

"Flash ring?"

"Oh it's this!" She showed him the ring with lightning bolt on it. "My suit is inside there."

"You mean that your suit is actually inside this little ring?"

"Yeah!" Nora exclaimed before getting his attention back to the blue gem. "But what's the jewel got anything to do with Meloni becoming Cobalt?"

"I don't know, but I know that the gem was doing something to Matt." Ralph says as he began snooping around the house. "When I was fighting him, whenever he threw a punch or tried to go for the kill, he wavered, like he didn't want to do what he was doing but somebody was making him do them."

"You think that he was being controlled by the jewel?" She asked going through another drawer before heading towards another room. "Then why would my Meloni and Maggie would keep them, I mean they had there for quite a while and they haven't lost control?"

"Maybe that's why we need the book you mentioned." Ralph muttered clicking a picture of the really old family photo. "Let's see what else we can find here."

"There's nothing here except for that, I can tell." She pointed to the room around her.

"I think there should be a study over there." Ralph says moving up the stairs, followed by Nora. "I read it in the report." He tells her opening the room that was covered in yellow tapes. "Its the room where the Grandma was killed." He pulled off few tapes to make entry easier as Nora simply phased in the room. "I really hate you speedsters."

"Aw but I am your favorite Allen." Nora says making him snort.

"I said I like you more than Barry." Ralph retorts. "I never said you were my favorite."

"But I am." She shot back. "Let's just find what we need, maybe we'll find the book here?" They began rummaging through the room when they both heard sound coming down from the hall and a thud sound of door closing. "That wasn't us, right?"

"Its certainly wasn't." Ralph answered.

"Think its the police?" Nora asked in a hushed whisper moving out of the room, Ralph following her lead.

"Probably not." He answered. "They wouldn't be causing such a ruckus if it were them." He paused and pulled out his cell. "Also my friend would've told me if someone was going to arrive." 

They peeked down the stairs to see two man standing in front of the way out of the front door, both do not looked like they belonged to any office related to the law. Both scurried around trying to look for something.

In the walls.

"What are they doing?" Nora asks.

"I assume they are looking for something." Ralph answered in return. "They don't seem like normal sort of thieves either."

"I thought they said the switch supposed to be in the hall." They heard one of the man speak who was busy pounding on the walls. "Not a safe, a compartment or a fake wall but honest to God, a switch!" He then pointed around him. "Do you even know how many switches are here, what did he thought we will just find, and we've turned all the switches!"

On cue the other man pushed another switch and the floor in the kitchen fell showing a hidden corridor.

"And that's not creepy at all." The first man muttered when he saw the corridor beneath them. He went a few steps in and looked to see that the corridor stretches completely encased in darkness, the only light that was coming from behind. "And I stand corrected that man is not only bad news but is possibly one of those guys that curse people with ghosts and demons."

"So what do you propose we do, Jeff?" The other man asked of the man named Jeff. "Those guys, especially that old bastard, they will kill us and our families!" Ralph and Nora eyes widened at the declaration. "And all because some no good idiot who is supposedly from future told them what supposedly happened to our whole family and what we could be and now he has gone senile, we don't have a choice." He paused looking off to the distance. "You already saw what happened to Matt and Grandma Agnes, and we don't want the same thing that happened to them happen to us too." He shook his head.

"You are right about that, Sam." Jeff muttered and pulled a flashligh, followed by the now named Sam who did the same thing. "So we are going in?"

"Have any other ideas?" Sam asks in return as they stepped down.

"Better than this one?" Jeff asks. "It involves, lots of guns, burger patty, pizzas, beers and death of our family and one of us loose our heads because of that old bastard."

"Don't know about the first one." Sam begins after pondering the. "Yes to the next three, and a definite no to the last two." He paused motioning towards the corridor covered in darkness. "Wanna do the honor?"

"I don't want to." Jeff retorted. "But I also don't want to spend another few hours arguing about you first, again, so let's just get this over with." He said moving forward into the darkness. "This seems a start of really cringe horror show." He muttered, both not noticing Ralph and Nora standing in their place now.

"We are going after them aren't we?" Nora asks.

"Oh yes!" Ralph answered as both followed after Jeff and Sam. "But he was right, this seems to be a start of really cringe horror show, he just forgot to add fascinating mystery in it though."