❤︎Identify Yourself: Powerful New Rivals❤︎

Start from the beginning

"I lead squad seven. Sasuke Uchiha, Naruto Uzumaki, Sakura Haruno, Y/n Kamado. I, Kakashi Hatake, Recommend all four of these Genin for the Chunin selection exams."

"And my squad is number eight. Hinata Hyuga, Kiba Inuzuka, Shino Aburame, and now I, Kurenai Yuhi, recommend all three."

"And my squad is number 10. Ino Yamanaka, Shikamaru Nara, Choji Akimichi. And now I, Asuma Sarutobi, recommend all three."

The three Jonin said.

"Hold on, just a minutes." Iruka said.

"Yes. What is it, Iruka?" He asked.

"Lord Hokage. With all respect, the nine names that were just given were all my students at the Academy. I know there skills and abilities. Eveny one of them has great promise. But it's too soon. They need more experience before they are tested. If they try now, they're sure to fail the exam. Y/n Kamado wasn't my student but I'm sure she is still way to young to do this. She wasn't even trained to be a ninja!" Iruka protested.

"When I became a Chunin, I was six years younger than Naruto is now. And Y/n. You have no idea what she is capable of." Kakashi explained.

"Naruto is nothing like you! Are you trying to destroy him?" Iruka shouted.

"Well, they're always complaining about not being challenged enough. Maybe wiping out on the exams will teach them a lesson. A little pain is good?" Kakashi said, explaining.

"What- what did you say?" Iruka asked, growing frustrated.

"Oh, nothing fatal, of course. But seriously, Iruka. Relax. Listen. I understand how you feel. It's very personal for you and it upsets you. But-" Kakashi got cut off.

"All right Kakashi. Back off. You've said enough." Kurenai said.

"On the contrary, Kurenai, Iruka needs to hear this. He needs to realize that they're not his students anymore. They're mine." Kakashi snapped back.

"But these exams could destroy them! You know that!" He yelled, growling.

"Iruka! You have made your point. I understand. Accordingly, I have decided that the best thing to do is to hold a special preliminary test." The Hokage said.

♡♡♡

The four where waiting at the bridge.

"Why, why, why. It's always the same! He sets the time and then we have to wait hours for him!" Sakura shouted.

"It's not fair!" Naruto agreed.

"What about my feelings? I rushed here so fast, I didn't even have time to blow dry my hair!" Sakura yelled.

"And I didn't even have enough time to brush my teeth or change my underwear!" Naruto shouted.

"You didn't? That's really disgusting, Naruto." Sakura said, disgusted.

'First thing in the morning and these two are already driving me nuts.' Sasuke thought.

'Hmm, I wonder how hard the Chunin exams are.' Y/n thought, sitting on her knees on the ground. Kakashi then appeared and waved.