14.

JIGAWA STATE,

NIGERIA.

"I need every camera to be checked! I want the person behind this to be found if not..." Salma's husband, who had returned home after his daughter's school had called him.

The headmistress figured that since she could no longer get a hold of Salma, she called the father who yelled at her and the staff for being incompetent enough to lose his daughter. The school is supposed to be the very best, but how could a six-year-old have gone lost right under their nose?

It was already established that the girl went to the school, he was sure because he dropped her there himself since Salma doesn't seem to be in the right sense to do that.

But if that wasn't enough, he comes home to find out that someone came to the house, and chose to trash their room.

He tried to talk to his wife into telling him what happened since he found her sitting amidst the room, staring into space with tears streaming down her face. A part of him wondered if she was the one that trashed the room but he didn't believe she did that after finding out their daughter went missing.

But Salma refused to say a word nor make any move to much spare a glance at him.

So while he had people looking for their daughter, he wanted the security cameras to be checked in case someone broke into the house and did that.

Salma heard him yelling orders where she sat. She heard him screaming at the guards as to why nothing was found and how the gateman didn't see anyone come in. She nearly scoffed when she heard that.

Of course the gateman won't say a word. He helped the person get in anyways and apparently has been, and will continue watching her every move to report to the boss if she so much as tries anything stupid.

A couple of minutes later, she heard footsteps approaching and a second later, her husband came storming into the room. She hadn't moved one bit from her position, and neither did the tears stop but she couldn't help it.

She had no idea if her daughter would be safe or not and the person behind it all, she's having a hard time accepting it all.

She heard her husband slam his jacket on the bed, before he sighed, placing his hands on his waist. He took in a deep breath, massaging his temple. Eventually, he made his way over to her, "Salma" He called out, lowly. "Tell me, are you behind this?"

For the first time, she turned around to look at him, "Do what?"

"All this!" He gestured round the room, "And the disappearance of my daughter. Do you know anything about it?"

"She's my daughter too!" She sneered. How can he even ask her something that absurd? "How can I have anything to do with it? Do you think I'd have my daughter taken away from me?"

He scoffed, "Well if not you then someone from your past. I mean, let's be honest here, you don't exactly have a great past" He pointed out, stating the obvious.

His words angered her. She was already enraged enough, but his words...how can he say something like that to her? Especially with the current situation she's in. She pushed herself up and stared in front of him. "Do not say that to me again" She said through gritted teeth.

"Or not?" He challenged, taking a step forward in front of her. He had never yelled at her like that, nor raise his voice at her but she is getting on his nerves. Especially with the situation they are in. He's sure it has something to do with her past. "Tell me Salma, does it bother you to know that your past has finally caught up to you?"