6.

This book is still just a first draft. So, ignore any error you see there please🌚 I doubt I'll fix it any time soon so...🙂🚶

It is bound to happen to eventually.

Zayn should've seen it coming.

When Dr. Asma said that she would send him the address of the hospital and the doctor he should meet to get it, he should've known that she'll send him right back to the place he has been avoiding since.

Then again, she wouldn't have asked him to go there if she didn't think he's ready for it. As his psychiatrist, she wouldn't force him to do things without knowing that he's ready for it. That includes the very situation Zayn found himself in.

And that's what brought him to the same place he was a couple of days ago, but couldn't bring himself to go into.

When she texted him the address, the first thing he noticed was the place. A part of him expected that knowing her yet another part hoped it won't happen.

Clearly though, luck wasn't on that side.

It took him two days to muster up the courage to actually go into the hospital. He was hesitant then too, but he eventually pushed himself forward and went in. Yet, the minute he stepped foot in it, he flickered his eyes close and took in a long deep breath.

Albeit, the place has been renovated into a much more sophisticated building, it didn't do anything to stop those horrible memories from resurfacing. Everything came crashing back down on him. But, he didn't let himself dwell in it. He knew that if he doesn't get over it, he'll keep returning back to the same point over and over.

He had to do it for himself, and for her if he wants to keep his promise.

Blowing out a shaky breath, he gulped and peeled his eyes open. His gaze swept around the place, trying to see if he could spot any familiar face. Thankfully, there weren't any that he saw considering it's been so long already. He doubts if he'll see a lot of them there.

Asking the receptionist of his doctor's office, he let her know that he has an appointment. She checked it on the computer before he was directed to the doctor's office. The doctor isn't someone he's familiar with either. He doubts he has ever seen the man before. Hence, why it was easy for him to converse with the man and get his medications as Dr. Asma prescribed even if it was hard for him to actually open up to do so.

Even then, he didn't say much to answer the doctor's questions. He barely converses with people outside his social circle. He isn't one to interact with others. The doctor didn't comment on it, Dr. Asma had already told him of Zayn's condition.

He knows it's hard for a patient to converse with someone aside from their psychiatrists—especially people with conditions like his. It's already hard enough for them to interact with people, opening up is another issue entirely.

He gave Zayn his medications, then bid him farewell. Zayn was quick to leave the man's office; he didn't want to spend another minute with him. It was bad enough that he has to spend more than he would normally allocate to a complete stranger.

On his way out, he spotted the familiar face of the one person he never wanted to cross path with in his life, ever. The person's presence brings back the memories of the most difficult stage in his life. He would rather face Aasim, as much as he loathes him, than to stumble across the man.

Blinking, Zayn set his lips into a tight line and tried to walk past the man even though they made eye contact. He couldn't bring himself to pretend to want to be in the man's presence, much more, actually speak to him.