"Yes. It's growing quickly too which makes me think that it's a male. And a strong one at that."

"Wow." I ran my fingers over the glass screen.

My tummy was swelling out a rapid point now. We were staying here for the next two weeks. Clarissa was tracking the baby's growth she child set a due date to have me brought back here. Plus she was hesitant about me traveling through the woods and hostile territory. My mother and I were in conjoined rooms, on the first floor since climbing stairs was hard due to my feet swelling. Clarissa told me that pains were to be expected not that it made them any easer to deal with. My mother and her were speaking more now and my father and brother were staying in town. Tomorrow they were supposed to take me to the Market, which was exciting.

"Wow indeed."

I sucked on my teeth as I laid there, watching the blob that had nearly taken the shape of a baby. I smiled wondering who he would be. I didn't want him to know how he came about and if I could help it, I'd happily keep in the dark about it. "I hope Liam won't be upset."

"It's a big deal for wolves you know; it's not everyday a wolf is asked to raise a pup that's not yours."

I looked at her worriedly. "Really?" I don't think I'd ever in countered a situation where a wolf had to raise a pup that wasn't there's. "He'll want to...hurt it?"

"Maybe. But he's a not an animal, Colton. Even though he has the instincts, he can still fight them."

I laid my hand protectively over my bump, mind turning a mile a minute. My mate, the one I loved so much, would want to kill this baby because it wasn't his. "He'll be angry then."

"I don't know about angry, Colton. Surprised probably. He may suggest letting another couple raise it."

"We could...have a pup of our own?" I asked, curious. I hadn't thought about it yet. I was in the middle of one unplanned pregnancy already so I of course wasn't thinking about another.

"I don't think so. Male pregnancies are very, very rare. It takes very dominate genes to force a male's body to build a womb to have their child. Whatever wolf did this to you is powerful. Very powerful."

My stomach clenched in fear, seizing my lip between my teeth in worry. What if tried to take his baby? Or worse, hurt it? "Calm down, Colton," Clarissa said softly noting my erratic heartbeat on the screen. "Male pregnancies are also very fragile. Too much stress could affect the hormones your bodies producing... Especially the estrogen. Your estrogen levels need to stay high to keep the fetus safe."

"Estrogen?" I repeated, puzzled on what the word meant.

"The female hormone. Men usually have testosterone. You, as an omega, have elevated levels of estrogen naturally."

That made sense. The more dominate and high-ranking the wolf the more masculine they were. "Oh." I sat up ackwardly. This new bulk wasn't easy to get used to. I wondered if I'd ever get used to it. "Will I be pregnant for as long as a female?"

"Oh goodness, no. You only have three or four months left."

"What?" I gasped, alarmed. I hadn't even begun to plan or spoke to my mate. This baby would be here by winter. Where would he sleep? What would he eat? "I don't--"

"Relax. We'll work it all out. All you need to worry about it staying relaxed and getting plenty of rest." Clarissa's voice was softer than ever before, which made me feel a little bit better.

"I'm sorry." The last thing I wanted to do was hurt his child. It didn't choose its parent nor the situation it was conceived from. It deserved better than that. "It's just a lot."

"I could imagine."

I wiped off the gel, looking at Clarrissa for permission to leave. She gave it to me and I got to my feet, groaning as my swollen feet hit the floors. I hated the pain. Sharp pains zapped through my lower back, making me grain softly. I defiantly would be happy when these aches and pains went away. "Are you alright, Colton?"

"Yes," I breathed, palms rubbing over the scars that were stretching tighter and tighter. Clarissa was having me put a cream on it to make sure it didn't tear back open. "I'm just getting used to it is all."

"The pain in your hips should be lessening soon."

I nodded my head. "Usually it's when I wake up. Or get up from a nap."

She nodded her head watching me rubbing my scars briskly. "Has the redness gone down?"

"Yes, but it's still stretching. It hurts."

Clarissa nodded her head, turning off the screen. "Why don't you get something to eat. And I'm not too sure I want you traveling all that much tomorrow. Especially if you're still in pain."

I frowned, wanting to object to her decision. She gave me a sharp look and pointed at my tummy. "I'm sorry if it's not 'fun' enough for you Colton. But your main priority right now should be your child. It's a big responsibility Colton. And i know you didn't ask for it. But this baby's wellbeing is in your hands. And I'll do whatever it takes to keep you sam that baby safe, even if you hate me for it."

I wanted it be angry and I was but I felt more frightened than anything else.

Whatever happened was on me. And that was a level of stress I wasn't quite prepared for.

"I'm going to go lay down," I mumbled, heading out of the room.

Once in my bed and awkwardly situated, I laid my head on the pillow, hands resting on my tummy, staring the wall.

Before falling asleep I thought, I don't know who you are baby, but I'll protect you. As good as I can.

-unedited-

Next Update: Thursday (4/9/15)