Chapter 1

Smoke filled the alley way. There had been a fight there and there was blood on the ground for the previous fight. Sirens were wailing out the sounds as the cops tried to take down a gang alongside batman.

Then there was suddenly a shift that happened, and teenagers emerged from nothing. They dropped from the small flash of light. Everything can change in an instant. An in an instant when batman was apprehending a criminal, when a boy was crying over his dead mother, when a baby took its first breath and started wailing, did the demigods come.

"Prissy," Clarisse yelled angrily.

Percy looked over at Clarisse's angry face. He made a run for it, but he slipped on the pile of blood. Percy looked down, and let out a startled breath.

Clarisse looked down at the blood, and looked around her. They all did. Piper, Annabeth, Nico, Clarisse, Leo, and Percy were in Gotham.

They walked. Anywhere was better than the alley. They ended up in a grassy field with grey stones jutting out from the earth, and a creepy black rickety gate.

"Any guesses where we are?"

Clarisse looked angrily at Percy.

Annabeth looked exasperated.

It's not like they couldn't return home. Except, he looked down and saw a tiny crack in the orb.

Annabeth held out her hands and Percy relinquished the orb to her immediately. Percy cracked an apologetic smile.

Nico pointed to a cemetery that read "Gotham's Cemetery."

They all looked at the city full of smoke surrounding them. People walked defensively as they passed each other. Some hands were in their pockets, as if they had a knife. People were looking around nervously as if anyone could be a criminal.

"We need to find some place to rest. The city looks like trouble," Annabeth said.

"I can charm speak," Piper said.

"Okay just don't draw to much attention towards yourself. We don't need cops on us," Annabeth said.

That's how the demigods came to a place that was desolate of gods.

* * *

The batman had gotten a notification, but he was too busy to pay heed to the warning on his comm, until it was too late.

There was a spike of energy that happened. Batman recognized that as the alley he just left behind when the gang tore through the area.

He examined the scene. There was a bloody footprint that proceeded into one straight line. It looked like the person slipped. Maybe not a threat. Maybe just a clumsy threat.

The young justice league was working on a case away from the city, so they could not come in to investigate this.

He needed more information. He looked at the camera above in the alleyway. The ones he installed himself. They were small enough that you would not even notice. The Gotham thugs like to trash all the cameras.

Batman held that never ending scowl. Time to find out what was happening in his city.

* * *

The lady at the hotel looked at them and smiled at them. "Of course, I see you paid it right here. I am so sorry for the inconvenience."

Piper smiled at the lady. "It is no problem mam," Piper said.

She pulled out the key cards. In order to lay low they all picked on big room for all of them. They tricked the lady that they paid for a month. After that, they are going to have to figure out a new place to trick or find a way to make money.

They walked up to their hotel rooms. There were two connected rooms. There was a pullout couch that could turn into a couch in front of a television. A small kitchen, and then was a king size bed in both rooms.

Percy and Annabeth decided to sleep on the pullout couch. Piper and Clarisse picked one of the beds and Nico and Leo on the other bed.

"So, this place is cozy," Leo said.

"Let's hope we do not have to stay here long."

"Yeah."

They ended up leaving the hotel in favor of finding food, and trying to find out where they were staying

* * *

Batman looked at the surveillance footage of the teenagers. They looked around lost and did not look like threats. He knew not to underestimate them though. He tried to identify them, but nothing came up in his system. They did not have a name in this world, which could only mean one thing. They were not of this world.

He needed to question them. He used his software to find out where they were at. He found them at a pizzeria. He guessed they were hungry, but wondered if their currency was similar to this world's currency.

When he arrived he saw them all eating at a booth. They looked to be smiling and laughing. They were not freaking out, which means they were adept at dealing with situations like this. Interesting. These were not normal teenagers.

When they finished with pizza a pretty girl with choppy brown hair smiled at the waiter. The waiter smiled and they walked out without paying.

Batman looked at the scene with contemplation. Could they all do what she could do? He needed to question them.

When they were walking back to their destination, batman appeared in front of them like a shadow. They all got in stances. As if they were ready to fight him.

"Its a man dressed as a bat!"

"At least he is not dressed with spiders."

"What do you want?!"

The batman looked at the teenagers faces. Normal teenage faces, yet he knew differently from their poses and the way that girl persuaded the waiter to pay. Maybe that was just human charm. He did not know for sure. Nothing is ever certain in his world.

"We need to talk."

"Nothing good ever comes from "we need to talk,"" Percy said.

"I hate to say this, but Prissy might be right."

Percy sighed. "Are you still upset?"

"Not really, but you have to feel the pain," Clarisse said.

Percy gulped. "On second thoughts, I might go with the scary bat dude."

"I will go with you too. I want to see what bat dude has to say," Leo said.

"That isn't...."

"Let's go," Batman interrupted before Annabeth could turn the tide.

Annabeth glared at Batman. Batman glared back. None of them moved and it seemed like it was going to last forever until someone stepped in between them. They left trying to squeeze into the backseat of his car.