Chapter 15 - the dinner {edited}

Start from the beginning

"T-Thank you.....—- You're s-so kind and I d-don't know what to say. I neved had t-this kind of pretty room and pretty things and I'm so happy." She says in between her sobs and Santiago feels like his heart was being stabbed by a knife. He's happy but seeing her crying makes him sad at the same time.

"Sssshhhh. It's alright baby. I'm glad that you like it but could you please stop crying because I think my heart can't handle it even it's happy tears." He told her sweetly that makes Antonia wiped her own tears and mumbling 'no more crying' and to his relief.

"Your room is connected to my room so whenever you want, you're always welcome to my bed." He cooed before putting her down at the mattress while showing her the closet that's filled with beautiful dresses and other kid's items.

"Thank you papa and when I grow up and got a job, I'm gonna pay you, so for the meantime I'm just gonna pay you with hugs and kisses instead." She told him with smile but Santiago couldn't understand why she said those. His eyebrows were pulled together as he didn't expect it at all and wondering how she ends up with that kind of idea.

"And who told you young lady that you need to pay me back? It's my duty to provide everything to you without asking anything back. I know that you're just 3 but I want you to know that it's the parents' responsibility to support their child, but I know sometimes that life isn't how we wanted and it's the other way around but not for you, okay?" He told her and it's quite fascinating that her eyes were fixed onto his without blinking as if she's trying to sink in everything he just said.

"Okay." She answered with a nod and to his relief though he's quite curious about her old life.

He knew that she was deprived with nice things but he's grateful that she's not abused physically or he's going to hunt whoever that fucker was even in hell.

"Listen baby, I know that it's quite overwhelming but later on, you're gonna used to it because for sure I'm not the only one who's gonna spoil you." He told her before giving her little nose a soft boop. He's obviously referring to his brothers who were all fascinated to the little girl's wittiness despite her young age.

"Thank you Papa." Santiago just smile and then asked her if they can go back to his room as he's dying to get a hot shower before their dinner.

Meanwhile, Lucia was so elated. She's very happy because she never expected that the twins were so cool despite their status in life and ofcourse because she got the chance to spend time with Antonia. She couldn't stop herself from smiling while cooking the dinner that she didn't even notice the presence of another soul. A soul that stares at her in amusement.

"What are you smiling about?"

And just like that, Lucia almost spouted the most colorful profanities that luckily she didn't as the person who almost killed her was the man that makes her heart jumps too.

"Oh! Nothing S-Sir, uhm I mean F-Franco." She answered while trying to calm herself in front of him. He's very intimidating and just his presence makes her hardly breathe.

"I'm sorry Lucia. I didn't mean to startle you, anyway I just came here to grab some cold water." He apologized while rubbing the back of his neck.

Truth was, he's at the kitchen for so long now and he feels a bit shame of it. He stays there out of curiousity of her that he didn't bother to knock or let her know his presence.

"It's fine and cooking sometimes makes me forget everything. Anyway here's your water." And handed the bottled cold water to him which caused their fingers to touch.

Lucia gasps because of the sparks brought by the touch and immediately pulls her hand back. And even so, she could still feel the tingling sensation running through her fingers.