20

waiting in the tunnel with her hands clasped underneath her chin, azure excitedly keeps glancing in the direction of the locker rooms, waiting for her boy to come out. he had a game tonight against the celtics and played exceptionally well; 25 points, 8 assists, and even 2 rebounds. she's glad she was able to see it all in person before he goes on the road, and then they don't see each other for a few weeks because of thanksgiving.

she looks in the direction of the locker rooms again and then pulls out her phone to keep herself occupied. azure is antsy to see tyler, bordering on clingy. she's felt this way since they had sex over the weekend, and she's noticed it in herself—how she misses him when he's gone for longer than a few minutes, calling him just because, always having to touch him when he's around. if tyler's noticed, he hasn't mentioned it.

a familiar, loud voice echoes through the hallway and azure lifts her head from her phone, to see jimmy, myers, and kendrick coming out of the locker room. jimmy wears tyler's old high school jersey over a black tshirt. "tyler herro in the building!" he chants, cupping his hands around his mouth so his voice carries.

at the mention of her boyfriends name, azure's heart rate cant help but spike. everything in, relation to him, usually makes her giddy, but it's been heightened recently.

tyler appears behind the trio moments later, his cheeks turning red in embarrassment as jimmy continues on with his chant. azure stays in her spot on the wall, just watching tyler and giving him his moment.

he looks around the area, squinting at the bright camera flashes. his eyes scan over all of the people in the crowded hallway before landing on azure. tyler smiles when he sees her and quickly walks over to her, ignoring his tired legs.

immediately, she wraps her arms around his neck as he bends down slightly to hug her. "good job, ty," she says in his ear, placing a light kiss on his neck. tyler holds her tight and lifts her off of the ground for a few seconds before setting her down.

"thank you, Z," he says, tucking one of her loose braids behind her ear. azure stands on her toes and reaches up to kiss him, tyler meeting her halfway. it's short and brief because his teammates choose that moment to interrupts, and azure almost pouts.

"big 25! they're gonna love that in the front office, boy!" jimmy shouts, clasping his hands on tyler shoulders and shaking him tougher than azure would like. but she just beams up at her boyfriend, proud of the way he played and proud of the fact that he's hers.

tyler only laughs, his face reddening at the praise. "man, if you were old enough id take you out!" bam says, seemingly coming out of nowhere. he throws his arms over tyler and azure's shoulder and looks down at the girl. "what's up, azure? you good?" he asks, momentarily squeezing her to his side.

azure nods. "yeah, i'm alright. how are you?" she asks, pulling out of his embrace. out of all of his teammates, she liked bam the most. he was always nice when they saw each other and treated her like a sister.

"i mean, we just got a dub and our boy had 25. couldnt be better," he replies. azure smiles and looks past bam at tyler, engrossed in conversation with another one of his teammates. he feels her stare and turns to look at her, giving her a wink and holding his hand out in front of bam. azure grabs it and he pulls her towards him, pulling her in front of him and wrapping an arm around her shoulders and pulling her against his chest.

azure revels in being so close to him after a few days of him being busy and being unable to see him for longer than a few hours, or over the phone. she's noticed that she's been a little more clingy with him ever since they had sex. she could barely be away from him for longer than five minutes that night—always at his hip, curled in his side.